Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,830 Posts
Cool. So no water in the oil, no need to check comp for now knowing no contamination present. Come on numbers, I'm walking your response to a question that says no comp needed, hello? And like knowing which cylinder, as if it matters coming down anyway?

I'd question the diagnosing of numbers if I were following a thread... I got my eye on you, guru LOL

Better if you borrow a coolant pressure tester. Then that would spray as soon as you pumped pressure at it.
Pm'd

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,830 Posts
Just cleaned out everything but the clutch. Some Dawn and scrubbing did the job. I took a closer look at the water pump, the star rotary looking thing does not move at all. Its stuck in place so Im just gonna get a whole new pump.
View attachment 1022808
@Svennie Was talking about cleaning all the trash out of the motor that is in the transmission and the bottom end of the motor I think. Hopefully the strainer and the oil filter caught most of it, but only god knows if any of it is running around near the big end bearings or the bearings in the transmission or around the crank journals.

From here, that looks nasty as hell bro.

Oh, and did you epoxy a hole in the oil pan?

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,830 Posts
Here at "I told you so engine builds' the last thing with that kind of debris is think the pump survived all this time with the debris still passing the screen.

I'd more fill the engine with gasoline right up to the filler neck of the oil, if not remove the valve cover and pour the gas right up to the top of the cover. Find some rough road and walk it so the slosh sends whatever debris off the parts, down into the oil pan.

You can pay me now or pay much more later is some sound advice and learn how to rebuild an engine as if in the operating room of a hospital and clean, like every last part as if came out of a package all clean and new looking.

Signed,
NOLTT (no one listens to turtle)
At the bare minimum. At the absolute bare minimum.

This.

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,830 Posts
The problem going this route is it will cause some bearing damage on startup and you need to be sure to change the oil after startup to get any solvent that is still in there out. It's the least intensive and invasive route to go to get all the trash out of the motor though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts