Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
So after a bad crash I finally put my R1 together and looking for some mods to make my baby better. The first thing I'd like to do is replace the yellow light light bulbs with LED.
Anyone running LED in their headlights? Any recommendations for LED's?
Below pictures after the crash. I walked away from this on my own.
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Aircraft Automotive design

·
Unacceptable
1,522 Posts
Why not HID? They're brighter.
Most people who swap HID's into their stock reflector headlight housings just wind up pissing everyone off because the reflectors are not designed for the bulbs beam pattern. Light is thrown everywhere, and it's not at all effective. If the bike already has projector beam lenses (like the OP's bike), it's less of an issue. Otherwise, you're going to have to retrofit projector lenses into the reflector buckets.

·
Premium Member
12,628 Posts
Most people who swap HID's into their stock reflector headlight housings just wind up pissing everyone off because the reflectors are not designed for the bulbs beam pattern. Light is thrown everywhere, and it's not at all effective. If the bike already has projector beam lenses (like the OP's bike), it's less of an issue. Otherwise, you're going to have to retrofit projector lenses into the reflector buckets.
HID works well in the OEM projector of the 09-14. Nice cut off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts