Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I thought that as my 04 R1s MOT is coming up soon that it was about time that I did something about the led indicators, as they currently flash faster than they should do. So I was wondering if anyone knew of the best place to get a regulator or whatever I need to get them flashing at the correct speed.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Lbry63

· Registered
125 Posts

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
I have a unit very similar to what is pictured above. It gives you a standard flash rate regardless of what type of bulbs you use.

The only drawback is that the stock relay is designed to blink fast when the resistance load drops which is cause by a burned out bulb. The idea is to alert you to the fact that one of your bulbs is out by blinking crazy fast. Most cars/trucks have the same setup. By switching to the LED style relay you eliminate this feature. So the turn signal indicator on the dash will blink at a standard rate even if all your turn signals are burned out. LEDs should last longer than you do, but who knows... Just check your signals from time to time (of before every ride for safety).

· Registered
59 Posts
Superbright LEDS. I have their LF1-S-FLAT Universal Motorcycle Electronic Flasher on my '08 1000RR and it replaced the OEM flasher perfectly - plugged right in. I have regular indicator lights on the front and LEDs on the rear and everything flashes at the normal rate. It is about $9 plus shipping.

They also sell a LF1-S-PIN Universal Motorcycle Electronic Flasher if the plug for the one above isn't compatible with your bike. You may have to modify your wiring to make that one work.

I have this same relay on my bike and I don't like the delay that it has now when I hit the turn signal. But it does blink at the proper rate now. It just seems like it takes a little longer before the blinker starts flashing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.