Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wasn't sure where to post this. I have an ad up on WTB forum for front and rear silver fenders. I got a PM from a member with 0 posts asking to email him. I did, and he responded saying he had them in excellent shape for 200$ shipped to Sweden. The catch is that his PayPal is 'dormant' but he'd accept payment over moneygram. 0 posts and no buyer protection through paypal makes my senses tingle so I'm going to decline...
It may or may not be legit, I just thought people might like a reminder that scams do happen.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wrote nicely that I wasn't interested due to the circumstances. Here was the response:

I do understand your concern and I also would be careful when buying any item sight unseen, but i'm just a retired God-fearing man of over 65yrs of age and I have been honest and sincere in all my financial dealings and life endeavors. I will never rip-off your hard earned money as I work hard for every penny I earn.

I would have loved to take PayPal but my PayPal account is currently dormant. You have nothing to worry about as Money gram is very strict and very secure. I would need to tender a recently paid utility bill and a valid id card both bearing my home address so payments can be traced if anything goes wrong.

· Klaus Von Slowpoke
6,237 Posts
I do understand your concern and I also would be careful when buying any item sight unseen, but i'm just a retired God-fearing man of over 65yrs of age and I have been honest and sincere in all my financial dealings and life endeavors. I will never rip-off your hard earned money as I work hard for every penny I earn.

I am a money-lusting man over 23 years of age and I have been greedy and deceitful in all my financial scams. I will always try to rip-off your hard earned money as I work hard for every penny I steal.

I would have loved to take PayPal but my PayPal account is currently dormant. You have nothing to worry about as Money gram is very strict and very secure. I would need to tender a recently paid utility bill and a valid id card both bearing my home address so payments can be traced if anything goes wrong.

I would have loved to take PayPal but they do not accept forged or stolen documents - I found out the hard way - so my account is dormant. You have nothing to worry about as Money gram DOES accept forged and stolen documents, which is why they are my choice for transactions.
Fixed.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
I'm glad you caught this now... There is only 1 thread I hate reading about more than the scammer threads. Good luck on finding what you're lookin for!

· Administrator
27,552 Posts
What is the screen name of the member that PMed you? There have been many members scammed this way and I need his screen name so I can go ban his account. :fact

· Administrator
27,552 Posts
jAmes212 & BigJim11 are both banned accounts now. :fact

Thanks to both of you for bringing these guys to my attention.

· Administrator
27,552 Posts
If anyone else has been contacted for your wanted to buy threads and the seller asks you to email him and use money gram as payment... please post up their username and email address in this thread.

Thank you,

Kevap :epimp
Marketplace Moderator

· Registered
125 Posts
Top tip - if a bloke you never met insists something is "very strict and secure" and "you have nothing to worry about" then you can be 95% sure it's anything but. Bonus points for "god-fearing" and "honest".

Stay well away.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.