Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2361 - 2380 of 2388 Posts

·
love my R1
2,284 Posts
Phenomenal thread, it's great starting at the beginning and reading comments from the haters about how terrible Potus is and how the country will fall. I cant wait to see what incredible accomplishments his administration makes in the next term!

·
Super Moderator
45,323 Posts
Mark my words....the Dems can still stoop even lower.....with all of the Epstein information unfolding, some time next year the dems will produce a child, or multiple children, that will claim they were forced to have sex with Trump....or something along those lines. I promise you there are people out there that hate Trump enough to get their own kid to lie about it.

·
11,746 Posts
Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.
Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.
The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.
One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”
Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.
During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.
Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.
Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.
Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.
Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.
And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

·
Just Me.
244 Posts

·
11,746 Posts

·
Save a life, grope your wife!
1,501 Posts

·
Just Me.
244 Posts
Don't worry. According to the AOC fan club the world will end soon anyway.
The world ain't ending. At least not no time soon anyway.

Germany, UK, China and Argentina, just to name a few. Obama's recovery? What a fucking joke.
Hmmmmm.

So, there are a few things I understand even more now A few things have become much more clearer. I'm not going to mention what they are, but I am thankful for a handful of things I learned over the past 2.5 years. It was a true learning experience.

Not everyone can be the worst devil possible 100% of the time. It's possible to find a piece of good through all of the turmoil. I found two small pieces that was country changing. Thanks for those 2 pieces.

·
11,746 Posts
Trump getting it done!! China who?? haha

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,371

·
11,746 Posts
An Interesting read.
LET THEM GO AHEAD AND IMPEACH TRUMP.... HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS THEN......
By: Hyram F. Suddfluffel, PhD, (Political Science)
I have a degree in Political Science, and I am a card-carrying Libertarian. I've been studying politics and political history for the past 30 years. My specialty is U.S. Presidents. That said, I hope that the House of Representatives impeaches Trump. Let me tell you what will happen next!

1. The House can pass articles of impeachment over the objections of the
Republicans, and refer to the Senate for trial.

2. The Senate will conduct a trial. There will be a vote, and the Republicans will vote unanimously, along with a small number of Democrats, to not convict the President. Legally, it will all be over at that point.

3. However, during the trial, and this is what no one is thinking about right now, the President's attorneys will have the right to subpoena and question ANYONE THEY WANT.. That is different than the special counsel investigation, which was very one-sided. So, during the impeachment trial, we will be hearing testimony from James Comey, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr, Glenn Simpson, Donna Brazile, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Christopher Steele, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan, James Clapper, and a whole host of other participants in this whole sordid affair and the ensuing cover up activities. A lot of dirt will be dug up; a lot of truth will be unveiled. Finger pointing will occur. Deals will start being made, and suddenly, a lot of democrats will start being charged and going to prison. All this, because, remember, the President's team will now, for the first time, have the RIGHT to question all of these people under oath – and they will turn on each other. That is already starting.

4. Lastly, one more thing will happen, the Senate will not convict the President. Nothing will happen to Trump.

Most Americans are clueless about political processes, the law, and the Constitution. Most Americans believe that being impeached results in removal from office. They don't understand that phase 2 is a trial in and by the Senate, where he has zero chance of conviction. Remember, the Senate is controlled by Republicans; they will determine what testimony is allowed -- and everything will be allowed, including: DNC collusion with the Clinton campaign to fix the election in favor of Hillary, the creation of the Trump dossier, the cover up and destruction of emails that very likely included incriminating information. They will incriminate each other for lying to the FISA court, for spying and wiretapping the Trump campaign, and for colluding with foreign political actors, especially George Soros.

After the Senate declines to convict the President, we will have an election, and Trump will win. It will be a backlash against democrat petulance, temper tantrums, hypocrisy and dishonesty. Even minorities will vote for Trump, because, for the first time, they will see that democrats have spent 2+ years focused on maintaining their own power, and not doing anything at all about black murders in Chicago, homelessness, opioids, and other important issues that are actually killing people. And, we will spend the following four years listening to politicians and pundits claim that the whole impeachment was rigged.

So let's move on to impeachment.
Hyram F. Suddfluffel, PhD

·
Booya
34,512 Posts
Interesting read on your Facebook find there...

That said, a simple majority is needed to pass in the House, at this time, it appears probable that will occur, though it's still not for certain. As for the Senate convicting with a 2/3rds majority, I feel its even too early to tell. Not all Democrats in the Senate are for removal from office, nor should they be at this point in time. On the same token, neither are Senate Republicans all against it, and again, nor should they be. Impeachment is incredibly serious and should be taken as such. Posts like the one above continue to prove ignorance of those on the internet randomly picking up things they see on social media (yes, I see the irony in posting a Snopes article...though I'll take that over FB). In the end, the facts will be the facts - or should be - and while there will be those on both sides that regardless of fact will side with their party, it would be my hope that a decision in the House and if needed in the Senate is one of scrutiny and deliberation.

But then again...it's politics...

·
Venom X/O
23,289 Posts
Interesting read on your Facebook find there...

That said, a simple majority is needed to pass in the House, at this time, it appears probable that will occur, though it's still not for certain. As for the Senate convicting with a 2/3rds majority, I feel its even too early to tell. Not all Democrats in the Senate are for removal from office, nor should they be at this point in time. On the same token, neither are Senate Republicans all against it, and again, nor should they be. Impeachment is incredibly serious and should be taken as such. Posts like the one above continue to prove ignorance of those on the internet randomly picking up things they see on social media (yes, I see the irony in posting a Snopes article...though I'll take that over FB). In the end, the facts will be the facts - or should be - and while there will be those on both sides that regardless of fact will side with their party, it would be my hope that a decision in the House and if needed in the Senate is one of scrutiny and deliberation.

But then again...it's politics...
The article Manowar posted was more clear than that snopes article. The snopes article basically said “the post is old, and we can’t prove this won’t happen” then it just questions a little bit of the factual content. It’s almost like the snopes article is agreeing with the Facebook post lol

·
Booya
34,512 Posts
The article Manowar posted was more clear than that snopes article. The snopes article basically said “the post is old, and we can’t prove this won’t happen” then it just questions a little bit of the factual content. It’s almost like the snopes article is agreeing with the Facebook post lol
The posting of the Snopes writing wasn't in rebuttal to the "article" posted by Manowar; it was, as I wrote below the Snopes link, a continued concern about postings on the internet, especially within social media, being taken as fact. Snopes neither could confirm nor deny it's legitimacy, indicating in fact that there are at least two other exact and similar postings either unsigned or signed by another author within social media. You can agree or disagree with the content of the "article", that's part of the deal, you get to decide the direction you wish to follow, but as it's commonly stated, "fake news" is significant out there and I find it ironic that we continue to push unverified content as fact in this world so long as it fits a narrative we are looking for.

These are very serious times, no matter your political affiliation, getting the right information is critical to our understanding of a very complex issue and unfortunately, social media continues to be a part of that information gathering exercise. That's a shame. But again, as stated before...it's politics...

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,472 Posts
Having gone through my B.S. in computer science with a litany of honors political science electives, I can say I heard and read many opinions like Dr. Suddfluffel's.
in the current climate, it's totally possible nothing happens to the President. Regardless, the question as to what kind of legacy should be left remains.

·
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,379
Look at Clinton. He was impeached by the House but it was never ratified by the Senate.

The only impeachment Pelosi will be successful is by controlling her dentures :LOL:

·
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,380
2361 - 2380 of 2388 Posts