Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
I like to Ride
565 Posts
NICE! im hoping to be building a 2012 (since there FI) wr450f into a supermoto this winter, just not sure how im going to go about getting it street legal. BUT ive been looking at the 2012's and the bike alone cost a ton, this build will cost me a fortune....
Thanks-Man this thing is so easy to make street. It's got full electrics and battery, stock. The euro version is street legal, and I'm finding hints all around the US version of the bike that allow for easy conversion. There is a random threaded hole on the front lower portion of the frame designed exactly for the horn mount. The taillight has a running light and brake light wired into the harness up to the plug, where Yamaha USA left the third brake light wire out. And the headlight even has hi and low beam-it's just not on a switch.

The only wiring I ran was for the horn, and from the pressure switches to the battery and then taillight for the brake light. So easy!

Sprockets will be here next week, I went with a 14/44 setup, and I also ordered the competition ECU which removes all restrictions and allows the bike to be programmed with different maps via the yamaha tuning device ($280). I'll post a few pics when its complete...should be finished here in the next few weeks when my excels come in!

·
I like to Ride
565 Posts
FINISHED! What do you guys think? 450 Fuel injected beast. Wheels came in 2 days ago! Took 6 weeks to build (Excel/Talon Bling). 100% street legal! I took these pics today after its maiden street voyage. So fun I might get in trouble on it. Correction, WILL get in trouble haha:

·
I like to Ride
565 Posts
Thanks guys! Yea it was a fun build! Only problem is that the R1 feels like im sitting on top of a bloated pig LOL!

·
My other bike is your sister
7,419 Posts
Thanks guys! Yea it was a fun build! Only problem is that the R1 feels like im sitting on top of a bloated pig LOL!
That'll actually get more pronounced.....especially if you really ride the SuMo for a while without getting onto the R1. It's not so bad if you ride them both all of the time, but if you spend alot of time on the SuMo, getting onto the R1 will make it feel like it's impossible to steer (you have to recalibrate your brain!).

Looks way fun.....enjoy that bad boy!

·
I like to Ride
565 Posts
Man this thing is a blast!!!!! Cant keep the front end down at all. cruises at 75-85 very comfortably. had it up to 105mph today and backed off but the real fun is in town. wide open throttle on every turn FTW!!!!!!

·
Banned
343 Posts
Call

Hey man what year is that bike and model?
Can you list out what you did?
I'm in fresco and bout to build one.

Looking at north Texas yamaha for 8200$

·
Shake'n Bake Meth, WTF???
462 Posts
Awesome build...great choice of parts and well executed. Have fun on that bad boy. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
PM sent.

It's a 2012 WR-450F Fuel Injected Model
I love this build, and am interested in what kind of overall commitment it takes, would you mind sending me the info as well?

I'm mostly interested in the light wiring on somehting that's not set up for lights to begin with, and did you have to do a lot with the wheels/sprockets as far as custom parts, or are they mostly things you can buy and bolt on?

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts