Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
1 Sick Individual
3,106 Posts
I go as often as possible. No need to change tires so often unless U R racing. Running Michelin M2's here and they have lasted 2 track days and a race wekend so far. Still got some left in them.

Ran Pilot Sports on the R1 and got more than 8 track days and all my street riding on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
i have done two now, road atlanta and barber!!! my avatar is from road atlanta. i'm supposed to do talladega this sunday but my money is beginning to look funny. one thing i can say though, i am addicted like you would not believe!!! nothing compares with being on the track. i'm already planning on making my 02 my track only bike and getting the 04 for the street.:rock

·
You think you can keep up?!
652 Posts
I've done about 6 or 7 track days. Loved every minute of it! :) My avatar is me on the east course at Pocono.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
2 racing schools(both a joke),track days at ,Roebling road,Homestead and about 10 track days a jennings gp.It's been a year since i had a bike but i am finshing up my 2002 r1.

Older pic of me....

Attachments

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
Been to a track day twice and am looking to go again before it gets too cold to really ride fast.
I suppose when it gets colder you could still work on technique and work in speed when it gets warmer.

Hey BlueDevil...how far into the cold season do you still go to the track?

·
Registered
134 Posts
About 20 track days this season, 3 front, 4 rear supercorsa's
and 3 sets of front brake pads + all other expenses. and
After all i'm still satisfied. next year i guess little bit less thou!
It's nice to see if next years R1 can beat this years lap times
and how much?

·
1 Sick Individual
3,106 Posts
Wolf-R1 said:
Been to a track day twice and am looking to go again before it gets too cold to really ride fast.
I suppose when it gets colder you could still work on technique and work in speed when it gets warmer.

Hey BlueDevil...how far into the cold season do you still go to the track?
I generally ride till Halloween. However I need to get ready for the MRA season next year so Ill be headed out on warm days. U can ride all winter and sometimes SCR has cheep days on Holiday weekends and such....... Just cant push it. Cold pavement can = bad news. In the past I just havent bothered and hung it up on the "Day of the Dead" Im trying desperately to go to SCR again before the cold comes but they have had events there every weekend lately and Fridays (The day off) are slammed with cars........so I dont bother. I just got this R6 race bike and have only ridden it once on a track. (Dont tell the PoPo's I ride it around the neighborhood every day ;) haha )

The last planned even is the 25-26th Mini trucks. Perhaps I can get out there in my French maid costume on the 31st :lol j/k

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:hellobye

I've done track school and a few track days. Generally a set of tires will last for a few. I do change back and forth between track and street tires though (change my own so it ain't no thing)...

- BA

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
dozens of track days at Texas Motor Speedway and Texas World Speedway

2+ years roadracing for a dealership in RPM Race Club

depending on $$, usually a new rear every day and fronts usually last 2 days - ONLY Metzeler Rennsports or Perelli Slicks

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
yup, done them. A new set of DOT race tires can last me 2 or 3 trackdays depending on heat and use. Here I am at a trackday last month

1 - 20 of 86 Posts