Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
Here's mine, I don't remember which AStars model it is. That bell helmet was crash tested, held up pretty well considering my face hit the front tire not too long after this pic was taken :crash

The suit held up remarkably well, even thought it was only an end over end crash in the dirt.

·
I like my R1
203 Posts
I just recently started picking up gear so I could get on the track. In a bit of a pinch so I'm trying to keep it under a thousand. So far I have Astars gp pro gloves, sedici one peice($299 on sale at cycle gear!) And soon Astars smx plus vented boots. The boots i'm getting for $150 because of a gift cert from work(one year aniversary). Oh and I have a Bell rs-1 helmet. The sedici one peice actually has surprisingly good quality. They had other suits there when i tried it on and mainly where it seems to be lacking is in the liner. They all had better quality liner just about. I still plan to upgrade it at a later date. I just hope everything holds up should I go down. I guess that's what everyone hopes for... Even the guy wearing just a t shirt lol

·
Just happy to be here...
1,747 Posts
Still breaking them in, I've read about soaking them in hot water and assuming the riding position but i dunno LOL. Im just wearing it around the house every few nights for an hour or 2.

Attachments

·
I like my R1
203 Posts
Still breaking them in, I've read about soaking them in hot water and assuming the riding position but i dunno LOL. Im just wearing it around the house every few nights for an hour or 2.
Damn, nice looking suit!

When I picked mine up the salesguy said the same sh!t lol. I'm doingnthe same thing and just wearing it around and riding every now and then to break it in. Atm, I look like a schmuck no matter what in it lol. I need to order my boots! :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Just happy to be here...
1,747 Posts
Damn, nice looking suit!

When I picked mine up the salesguy said the same sh!t lol. I'm doingnthe same thing and just wearing it around and riding every now and then to break it in. Atm, I look like a schmuck no matter what in it lol. I need to order my boots! :thumbup:

Ill be returning 2 sets of Supertech R's today to Riders discount, I can't get the boots zipped up with the leathers in them. I have tree trunks for ankles and calfs.....

·
I like my R1
203 Posts
Ill be returning 2 sets of Supertech R's today to Riders discount, I can't get the boots zipped up with the leathers in them. I have tree trunks for ankles and calfs.....
It's hard to gauge for me because I've never owned racing gear. So I figured if I can feel my pulse when I'm wearing it, it's probably too tight. I'm 6' 175 lbs and the calves on my suit are really tight. I don't even have big legs lol. I'm just hoping everything fits when I get my boots in, otherwise I'll be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here is my Perrini 2 piece I use on the Triumph, I will get a new 1 piece for the R1 this spring
I have a hard time finding one that is comfortable, I am big thru the chest and shoulders at 52 inches, but have a 32 waist.
Anyone recommend one, other than custom?

·
Just happy to be here...
1,747 Posts
It's hard to gauge for me because I've never owned racing gear. So I figured if I can feel my pulse when I'm wearing it, it's probably too tight. I'm 6' 175 lbs and the calves on my suit are really tight. I don't even have big legs lol. I'm just hoping everything fits when I get my boots in, otherwise I'll be doing the same thing.
The best ones ive seen so far for Calf and ankle space, not support.... Are the Joe Rocket boots.

·
An R1 kinda day!
225 Posts
Here is my Perrini 2 piece I use on the Triumph, I will get a new 1 piece for the R1 this spring
I have a hard time finding one that is comfortable, I am big thru the chest and shoulders at 52 inches, but have a 32 waist.
Anyone recommend one, other than custom?

I have the same suit. topgearleathers.com

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the same suit. topgearleathers.com
That's it, long story, got mine for nothing, but I do need to replace it.Had it originally for a couple of racing schools

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I think the water thing works. It's going to eventually get rained on anyways so what's the harm? It seems like the leather REALLY shrinks in the loose spots when it gets wet, and loosens up where it's really tight so you end up with an all around better fit. I've forgotten my gloves outside before and they got really tight after being rained on and then drying out.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Certainly nothing to write home about. I want to upgrade before too long. Also, black suits are too hot.
Cortech Adrenaline 2 piece.

I have the Tyronic 3.7 on in these pictures.

·
Just happy to be here...
1,747 Posts
Certainly nothing to write home about. I want to upgrade before too long. Also, black suits are too hot.
Cortech Adrenaline 2 piece.

I have the Tyronic 3.7 on in these pictures.

That Icon Variant looks pretty slick without the visor on there.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That Icon Variant looks pretty slick without the visor on there.
It's actually the Afx fx-41.

Pros:
-VERY good optics and visibility. Like HD compared to my other lid.
-17 vents, so amazing ventilation
-lightweight, comfortable

Cons:
-Only DOT rated
-LOUD, you MUST use earplugs, Sena headsets won't work because other riders can't hear you.

·
'16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"
914 Posts
My recent suit I just picked up and wore for my first time this past weekend, Alpinestars GP Tech. I never had a chance to "break it in" so it was my first time wearing it at the track and I must say that it fit and flex like a glove where it felt like there was no need to "break it in". Best money spent so far over my Spidi Warrior Wind Pro.

Spidi Warrior Wind Pro

My daily Alpinestars Atem jacket and leather track pants.

Dara

61 - 80 of 96 Posts
About this Discussion
95 Replies
62 Participants
GQR1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing