Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was posted by someone else in the forum and I can't find it.

I am looking for the license plate Bolts that have LED's in them to light your plate with a fender eliminator.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts

Attachments

·
And then there was....
59 Posts
Just to add:
I have the Lite-n-bolts on my R6 and they work great cuz they are pointed down. But they were $25 + shipping.

On the R1, I put ones like the "laserboltz" on the link above.
Because its just a LED poking out of the bolt, it shines out and not necessarly on the plate. I haven't had any issues yet with the authoritiiiiiiiiii and they were like $6 at pep boys.

If I get a chance, I can post pics if people want.

·
Registered
213 Posts
this is good to hear about the lite n' bolts cause I just ordered mine no more then 3 mins ago..... I ordered mine from summit racing along with a few more go fast mustang parts.

cant wait to get them installed.

·
RIP my brother and best friend
270 Posts
I use the one you see in the upper right corner.

It is very small, but still light up the whole license plate. I am very satisfied.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
one&only said:
I use the one you see in the upper right corner.

It is very small, but still light up the whole license plate. I am very satisfied.
Was planning to get a set of those also. Where did you mount yours? Did you drill a hole on the undertail? Thanks bro.

·
RIP my brother and best friend
270 Posts
spltscnd03R1 said:
Was planning to get a set of those also. Where did you mount yours? Did you drill a hole on the undertail? Thanks bro.
Yes - i drilled a hole in the undertail vertically in center of the licence plate. It is easy, but remember to NOT tigthen the nut to hard! Do it with your fingers and put on some glue to keep it from rotating.

NB: Do not use a glue that can damage the plastic that the undertail is made of!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts