Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's the question for you guys:

Do you think it is a big deal to show your license plate in a pic online etc? Some people say don't do it...others don't care. What are the concerns with it??

:hellobye

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
I personally don't just as an extra precaution from bastard thieves lurking on the internet :boom :boom :boom :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,060 Posts
1700warrior said:
I personally don't just as an extra precaution from bastard thieves lurking on the internet :boom :boom :boom :mad:
yeah because those bastard thieves cant write it down when they are behind you at a light???? I think it showing on the net is a little safer than around town....chances are lower that someone from Anchorage isnt coming to Florida to steal my bike...my thought is if you give the local thieves a slight chance, they will get it alot faster.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
yeah id never show mine........ oh hell thats right, dont look at my avatar or forum name.:lol :lol :sneaky

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
It all depends on what you're posting about. If you're posting about breaking the law, then including your license plate number in a picture wouldn't be a good idea.
Your license plate number is public information anyway, so I really don't see displaying it on the net as being that big of a deal.

·
The World's Laziest
1,693 Posts
blur1 said:
yeah id never show mine........ oh hell thats right, dont look at my avatar or forum name.:lol :lol :sneaky
I'm gonna fly over to Melbourne and jack your bike. :p :D

I don't think it matters...but you could deter them a little if anything. Than again, I wonder about all the custom plates I see over the internet.

·
The World's Laziest
1,693 Posts
afabbrin said:
I'm not too worried about it. I have plenty of guns...

Yeah, but one things for sure. You gotta sleep sometime. :2bitchsla :D

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
shyong said:
I'm gonna fly over to Melbourne and jack your bike. :p :D

I don't think it matters...but you could deter them a little if anything. Than again, I wonder about all the custom plates I see over the internet.
hope your'e quiet when stepping over me while im sleeping. it sleeps in my room
:makeout :lol :lol

·
The World's Laziest
1,693 Posts
blur1 said:
hope your'e quiet when stepping over me while im sleeping. i it sleeps in my room
:makeout :lol :lol
Ya sick bastid! :D Nevermind, your bike has been violated...you sick sick man. Motorcycle sleeper! :crash

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
If I was you, I wouldn't worry about it. There are way to many R1's out there for someone to risk jailtime over gixxer.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
shyong said:
Ya sick bastid! :D Nevermind, your bike has been violated...you sick sick man. Motorcycle sleeper! :crash
hey she never answers back and dosen't follow me around after ive finished using her either!:riding :lol :lol

·
Left 4 Dead
2,509 Posts
I would never post a pic on Ebay of your license plate.

·
Self Appointed
736 Posts
LQUDR1 said:
If I was you, I wouldn't worry about it. There are way to many R1's out there for someone to risk jailtime over gixxer.
:lol :lol :lol
I don't think I would worry about it unless it was a pic of me doing something illegal... like a wheelie or going 150 mph or something like that...

:corn :corn

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah I am not too worried about it either....I had some pics of the Gixxer cause I am selling it...and wondered if I shold blur out the plate.

And this is for you LQUDR1 :finger :finger :lol

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
Aron213 said:
yeah because those bastard thieves cant write it down when they are behind you at a light???? I think it showing on the net is a little safer than around town....chances are lower that someone from Anchorage isnt coming to Florida to steal my bike...my thought is if you give the local thieves a slight chance, they will get it alot faster.
Nevermind dude. I'm obviously way more devious than you and know what people like me can do and the ways they do it. I was just stating that it's one LESS way of someone getting my info.

·
Blue is faster!
301 Posts
It only takes two seconds to cover the plate before you take the pic or just cut it out of the pic. It just took me longer to type this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts