Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the younger generation that will come after us, give them some heads up on what to expect from life and how to navigate it.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not stupid to many, and that's your personal opinion/outlook.

Is this not a motorcycle forum? Is there no lessons to be learned in life surrounding this sport/hobby?

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Set your goals then work for them. No one is going to give you anything for free without strings attached. Have fun as you meet your goals.

·
I miss my R1
2,976 Posts
Set your goals then work for them. No one is going to give you anything for free without strings attached. Have fun as you meet your goals.
Unfortunately today's vapid/narcissistic society sees idiots like Kim Kardashian and assorted Instagram "influencers" and your 2nd sentence is proven wrong.

It's ridiculous, but it's sadly the truth.

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
For the younger generation that will come after us, give them some heads up on what to expect from life and how to navigate it.

1. For God's sake, teach them what "sacrifice" means. Sacrifice isn't having to skip starbucks because they ran out of ground nutmeg. Anybody having trouble with understanding what sacrifice means, let me know.....I'll clear it up for you, pronto. This one simple fundamental is the key to solving so many of the issues that define the younger generation, it should become a school subject, like math, english and history. And I don't entirely fault that generation for their misunderstanding, sadly it is my generation that let them get this way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
Racer Dude
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing