Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WSMC #520
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a set of Marchesini wheels and I have a few questions about putting them together.

My first question is about the stems, do I have to locktight these things or will they hold just fine?

Second question, do I use grease to install the cush drive? It doesn't seem to want to slide in easily. I was thinking rubber hammer and some grease and it should go in fine...hopefully. I just wanted some feedback before I start messing with these things.

·
R1 Brian
1,448 Posts
The stems will stay tight as long as you tighten them down enough when first installed. The rear you can tighten on the wheel if it leaks ( which mine did at first ) The front one is inside the wheel, so make sure it is tight before mounting the tire.

As far as the cush, it is a tight fit, and will go without a lubricant. Just make sure if you do put something on to help, it is a silicone spray, or something that will not harm the rubber over time. I have not removed my cush after is was installed.

Hope this helps

·
G Addict
2,848 Posts
Im with AZsportbiker on the stems but like to remove the sprocket when balancing the rear rims. Different strokes. :beer
You can also use WD40 inside the cushdrive.

Edit: also you dont want to beat on the cushdrives because some of them have spacers that sleeve together pretty tight and you wouldnt want to bugger them up. With silicone or WD you just line them up and theyll slide right together with light alignment/rocking/tapping. After it looks like its fully in then you can hit on it a little till you hear its seated. Good Luck.

·
R1 Brian
1,448 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.