Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a cliche', but it's true.

Sorry to be a downer. But, I just got word that a former coworker of mine was just diagnosed with terminal cancer. They opened up his abdomin to remove a tumor. They discovered his insides are riddled with cancer. He's been told to get his affairs in order as he doesn't have long to live. He has 2 small kids.

Hearing shit like this makes me think of how life can change in an instant. Makes me wanna quit my job and take a trip around the world or something. Actually, I'd like to take my bike with me and ride every single race-track on the planet.

So, this just re-affirms my decision to ride. If I played it safe and didn't do it, I'd be miserable and then what? I could get hit by a bus tomorrow and die a miserable, regret-full bastard.

·
Voodoo!!
7,623 Posts
Zippy,

I feel your pain bro! My boss (and close friend) fought it for a year. We burried him Sept 17. That was by far one of the roughest days of my adult life.

I watched the Phillies with him Labor Day Monday with my daughter. They had just told him eariler he had 2 weeks to live. I knock on door, he answers, says hello to Shannon, smiles at me and quotes........... "Well Sparkey (He always did call me that, and Im black) One week down, one week to go!"

I still miss him!

Voodoo

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
sorry to hear about your co-worker.
Having had many family members diagnosed/die of cancer, i have already decided to do what i want in life without feeling bad about it. Cuz ya just never know when your time is up.

Thoughts and prayers to your bud.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry to hear that you were on the receiving end of bad news bro. Its never easy to hear shit like that.

My little sister (19) got sudden apendicitis (sp?) the about a week ago. They took it to research or whatever and found a cancerous tumor in it.

She goes into the hospital tomorrow morning around 7 am to have parts of her lower intestine and colon removed for "precautionary measures". :(

She's a tough one though, she'll be fine. Sorry to hear about your buddy! Spend as much time as possible with him and make sure you keep his mind off of things!

Marcus

·
I am the dark side!!
134 Posts
I hate to hear about bad news like that. I've lost a couple good close friends, not to cancer, but lost none-the-less. :( (sometimes a little worse than :( ) Just enjoy the time you have with them. Think about the things they did to make you laugh and the good times. Try to please them and make their time on earth as good as it can be.

·
I drink, therefore I am
191 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Zippy. I lost my my brother almost 2 years ago to Encyphilitis (which is also a complication of West Nile virus). He had seizures since he contracted it 25 years ago and the bitch finally killed him. I would like to think that would be enough to get me off my ass and enjoy life more, but I'm still dragging it. If your riding makes you feel alive, keep on :riding !!!

Think I'll go drop a few $$'s on my old Pontiac........

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
****in cancer......bet theres not one person that hasn't known someone to have it. Killed my grandfather ..... :boom

Worst thing about this is the 2 kids, couldn't imagine living without my dad. Hope his family handles it the best possible way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts