Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see if anyone has any experience with lo jack or knows a friend thats had experience. I am interested in getting lo jack because insurance theft is so high. I heard lo jack pays out if your bike is stolen and not recovered... Is that true? I would be interested in buying lo jack if they at least pay out if your bikes not recovered.

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
the technology is getting a lil better on it. if you can afford it do it. but if your financing the bike...get GAP insurance. thats what will save your ass. and I think lojack only pays if your bike isnt recovered within 24 hours...doesnt mean they pay to fix your bike if it is recovered..thats what your insurance is for

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
who wants a fvcked up "recovered" bike? state farm FTW

·
Call me Steve Deadload...
971 Posts
Check out the rlink alarm by scorpion. It's linked to the Internet and got smartphone. Lojack only works if the cops have lojack detectors in their cars. Some places dont support it. Plus you can get texts when your bike is move and you can track it over the net yourself.

·
Is it f'n time yet.....
5,695 Posts
99% of the time it doesn't matter here, because within 15 minutes, the bike is south border. DocG had it on his R6 that was stolen. They found it a week later in pieces in LA. He didn't want the bike back and would have preferred to have insurance pay him.

·
Call me Steve Deadload...
971 Posts
99% of the time it doesn't matter here, because within 15 minutes, the bike is south border. DocG had it on his R6 that was stolen. They found it a week later in pieces in LA. He didn't want the bike back and would have preferred to have insurance pay him.
I feel ya. I had my '99 stolen in El Paso when I was stationed at Fort Bliss. Chased the guy to the bridge but didn't go any farther. I was furious. At least I broke the clutch the day before they stole it.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Rlink is a pretty sweet deal. The minute it's moved your notified and can get on it right away. Most likely you'll get it back right away or not at all with the Rlink.

·
Is it f'n time yet.....
5,695 Posts
Rlink is a pretty sweet deal. The minute it's moved your notified and can get on it right away. Most likely you'll get it back right away or not at all with the Rlink.
...and then those of us that are armed can take care of f'n biz if we know quickly. A bat or shot to the kneecap or cranium....individuals choice:)

FVCK BIKE THIEVES:nforc:.....they are worse than scum that steal bicycles:fact

·
Registered
326 Posts
this is what i think of lowcrack still looking for my 08 gsxr 1000 that sh-- dont work all the time you can do better with gps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts