Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Lead Farmer
25,425 Posts
Both require police to recover or track, if they have time.

Go with an older unit that you can track yourself. Trust me, if you have the assbag busted cold and you call the cops, they show. Easy arrest.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The thing i dont like is its run by updates. The website confuses the heck out of me...updates, locates, 500 locates a months yearly plans. ?????

With phantom its a reagular monthyl $15 a month. simple...samething with the Lojack.

GPS SiRFstarIII chipset is the best ive read, I think im going to go with the phantom tracker.

·
The Lead Farmer
25,425 Posts
The thing i dont like is its run by updates. The website confuses the heck out of me...updates, locates, 500 locates a months yearly plans. ?????

With phantom its a reagular monthyl $15 a month. simple...samething with the Lojack.

GPS SiRFstarIII chipset is the best ive read, I think im going to go with the phantom tracker.
Sounds good man.

·
The Lead Farmer
25,425 Posts
That system has a serious flaw. It relies on the police to recover the bike. If they're short handed or busy, your theft will be put aside. I can tell you this from experience.

We had the GPS location of where a stolen truck was located, we left 5 messages with the detective and 3 with the patrolman. No answer. We drove to the site and called 911 saying we are here to recover our truck and we thing the people might be armed.

The first cop that showed up was useless. Told us to grab the equipment we could see outside the place and leave. I called another guy who sent a uniform over that he knew. 2 minutes later a gold badge showed up and the search warrant process started. An hour later they breached the place and found 250k in stolen good and stolen cars.

·
Steel Shinobi
1 Posts
I called Phantom Tracking yesterday, and they say that they do not allow the customer to view the actual location of the bike for safety reasons. 'Your bike gets stolen, and you're immediately running on hightened emotions. Showing up to the dirtbag's house for your bike while still emotionally charged is bad chemistry in the mix. Don't want to see any bike owner in the Obituary section of the local paper.'
Dunno, my wife hates the idea of my riding, but the crash detection of the Phantom has her off my back for the time being...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts