Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here organising anything my side of the pond? London / Surrey / Kent areas, I'd love to do a track day (never have so complete novice)

How to I get some action? Is it best just to book directly through the track itself or is there another way?
Any hints or advice for best tracks??

Cheers :dundun:

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Aye up Guv' ;)

You're best to book through one of the many organisers. Focused Events, No Limits, Hottrax and the like.

I know Focused Events do some good novice days, but you're a bit limited to the pricey Brands Hatch in the London area. If you're willing to travel up the A1 a little, places like Mallory Park, Cadwell Park, Rockingham, Snetterton and Silverstone are much better in my opinion. Cheaper too.

Somewhere like Cadwell Park will really give you a friendly and involving feeling for your first trackday, and will get you hooked, so be warned. Places like Rockingham and Silverstone can feel a bit daunting because of the architecture/grandstands etc. where Cadwell is literally more like a ride in a park.

Ride and Bike magazines often do novice days so keep an eye out for them. Very well run and friendly.

ClubMSV do too, here's a good link to theirs and 'taster' sessions aplenty but be warned, you'll probably wish you'd booked a full day ;)

http://www.clubmsv.com/bike-home/novice-only.aspx

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marcaztls great info, I like the sound of some of the events on clubmsv and the prices seem good too, I don't want to spend loads of money just to be the slowest man on the track so the novice only events would suit me down to the ground!
Watch out Cadwell Park - HERE I COME!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
marcaztls
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing