Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hie guys I just bought my first leader bike 09 R1 and I want to do a long distance trip from Joburg to Harare a total of 1115ks what advise n u give me before I embark on this journey thank u

·
Super Moderator
23,878 Posts
Hie guys I just bought my first leader bike 09 R1 and I want to do a long distance trip from Joburg to Harare a total of 1115ks what advise n u give me before I embark on this journey thank u
Buy some of this.... www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder-Ounce/dp/B00BLYMWEQ/ref=sr_1_1?hvadid=78134096321636&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=anti+monkeybutt+powder&qid=1570759153&sr=8-1

Take a lot of breaks, drink a ton of water. Plan your trip to include petrol stops every 200 km.

And you bought a LITER bike not a leader bike.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,016 Posts
You probably bought the best generation R1 for long distance riding. @bacchus40

For preventive maintenance, I would recommend a strong battery and a fresh starter.
i dont get the new web page changes so i had no idea you were paging me..
hahahha.. glad i stumbled onto this.

09 R1 is killer as a touring bike..
the reflash and full exhaust with full tune is probably the biggest plus when touring.. :D

but seriously folks. mods are on my siggie. Bar risers, yamaha's own touring seat, adjustable pegs,
tall double bubble windscreen are all a good thing. This bike is built to be a ROAD BIKE, it doesnt
need much, but i like mine about 7mm taller in the rear, adjustable suspension link from SBUnlimited
does the trick. A good air filter is a plus, full synthetic oil for long service intervals. Fresh set of tires, GO!

images are w/out the saddlebags, in San Francisco, The Grand Canyon. and the Ice Fields in Alberta!
I live in Canada, on the west coast. I tossed one in (taken locally) with saddle-bags on :D

my fuel map is usually a quick 5% re-tune where-ever i go.. i just save a copy of my local
map and accept AT Trims where I ride, then promptly swap back to my local map when i'm
headed back to town.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts