Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the longest trip you have ever taken on a bike? I am going to be getting a new bike in the next couple weeks and I am going to ride from here which is Springfield, IL to Houston, TX about 1000 miles....... anybody have some advice or things they think I should bring that I might not have thought about?

:riding

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope I am going to go all in one shot it will take about 13 -16 hours depending on road conditions leave early get there kinda late I will be there for a couple days then make the trip back.... I think I just might be crazy :eek: but I wanna go riding with my uncle in Houston and I dont really wanna drive my gas hog truck all the way down there..... thanks for the advice I found a kit that has everything for tire punctures and compressed air for filling back up so i dont have to have a bulky pump :thumbup

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could bring a buddy it would make the trip seem alot easier but nobody wants to go.... any of you are welcome to meet me along the way for a lil ride...lol...I didnt think of the yamaha dealers I will have to look and see whats along the way

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HideOut said:
650 or so for me on my FZR this past summer. This summer I plan on Louisville to Houston, about 980 miles.

hide

PM me this summer when you are going to go down there I might be ready for another trip by then and im sure you could use a ridin buddy :rock

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought you were joking about the IRON Butt thing but i decided to look it up and its real I have never heard of it before.... I will keep track of it for my self but I probably wont pay to send it in to them

· Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah I have no problem putting miles on a bike either I put a little over 12,000 miles on my bike in about 4 months last summer and I didnt take any trips I just rode that many laps around town :yesnod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.