1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Dis Microphone Explodes
3,064 Posts
unbelievable. that story sent shivers down my spine...rip to the kid. guns are out of control nowadays in my opinion. seems like people are so overly paranoid they'll shoot at anyone for any reason.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
He shot this guy while he was runnig away? or being robbed?:2bitchsla I guess a lot robberies around Boca Raton :(

·
Keep it between 10k and 15k
1,086 Posts
RIP for the kid. If someone who had never entered was running away, and I thought that maybe he was robbing me, I am sorry but I don't think that is grounds to shoot somebody. Now if they are inside then that is different. I think that guy acted to early on a false premise and should be held accountable.

·
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thing that gets me they did this to a couple of other houses from what the neighbors said, but this dumbass greated the door with a gun and shot the kid in the back while he was running from the door.:no They where knocking doors and running away. The kids call it Ding, Dong, Ditch. The freind that was with him came frantically knocking on my folks door to call 911. So my folks call then all hell broke lose.:fact Crime sceen, cops, media, etc.:argue

·
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KNEEDY R1 said:
He shot this guy while he was runnig away? or being robbed?:2bitchsla I guess a lot robberies around Boca Raton :(
Very quiet place.:yesnod

·
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scurf69 said:
RIP for the kid. If someone who had never entered was running away, and I thought that maybe he was robbing me, I am sorry but I don't think that is grounds to shoot somebody. Now if they are inside then that is different. I think that guy acted to early on a false premise and should be held accountable.

The guy came out of the house and shot him in the street, from what the freind said.:no To me their was no grounds to stand on. The guy has still not been arrested.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
bluer101 said:
Very quiet place.:yesnod
meant as sarcasm sorry hard to express on the internet :(

·
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KNEEDY R1 said:
meant as sarcasm sorry hard to express on the internet :(
Thats ok.:thumbup

·
Slacker
2,359 Posts
They could at least take the dumbass's gun away, that jumpy guy owning a gun is like letting a 7 year old ride a r1..something bad is bound to happen.

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
havent you guys ever played nicky-nicky nine door!?
knock and run, 16 is a bit old for this game, but none the less. they did it.
im 18 and going trick or treating next week. maybe i shouldnt go drunk anymore.. i may have to dodge bullets .

·
relaxing
14,125 Posts
Its a dam shame. He is going to get arrested. At least he should be.
When i took my conceal weapons class, they said that it is AGAINST THE LAW to shoot a robber fleeing from the premises. No other member of that dick's family was present so what was he defending? The best and easiest way to tell if he was being a dick was to see if there was any shots fired through the front door or the house for that matter.
It is dam shame that he did not get arrested. DAM SHAME. RIP Mr. Drewes.

·
Mass
1,013 Posts
doen'st make any sense to me how the guy thought he was beign robbed, and what possesed him to shoot a guy who was running away from him.

He's got some legal problems coming.

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
I'm having the hardest time figuring out this story!

First, the guy actually thinks a robber is going to knock on the door to get in? :confused:
If the guy honestly thought he was going to be robbed, why in the hell did he go to the door in the first place? Why not run to the phone and call 911? (keep in mind, the "robbers" aren't even in the house at this point)
Lastly, why on earth would this guy shoot the kid as he ran away?:confused:

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
I see all you guys points. But lets look at a couple things. First the most important. The homeowner: Lot's of people have guns and don't completely understand the law as they should. However, if this man can state in a court of law ( His lawyer surely will) that he was in fear for his life then it does'nt matter the circumstance , in or out of your house. Next, The Kid: At some point in life you learn not to [email protected]*k with people, like the old saying goes " It's all fun n' games till someone loses an eye." . I would'nt shoot someone for knocking on my door but if I caught them I'd certainly want to beat the shiot out of em'. Lastly, for those unfamiliar with home invasions, home invasions became pretty popular in Florida in the early 90's . It started with drug dealers ripping each other off by dressing as police and knocking on the door of another drug dealer then beating the crap out of them and stealing all their dope and money. Then they started doing it to anyone stupid enough to open the door. Just recently in Orlando we've had several home invasions where the robber knocked on the door and when the victim opened the door the victim was shot dead, or the victim was shot dead when they returned home. Also of note , my buddy whose a district Sgt has arrested several individuals in the past month for armed residential burglary to an occupied dwelling . They were all armed with long guns. Not to flame but the blame goes both ways in this one.

·
relaxing
14,125 Posts
Based on what I have read, again for that matter, if the shot was from inside the house passing through the front door, i see his lawyer weasling this case out perfectly. BUT, if this dick step outside the house and then fired, fvck him. He deserves to go to prison.

·
R1 parking only
189 Posts
This whole story is very disturbing. However, this day in age anything is possible and I'm not surprised. How unfortunate. :(

God forbid my car breaks down in front of someone's home with my wife in labor, walk up to the front door ring the door bell and...
I’ll just make sure I carry extra battery for my cell phone.

I remember few years ago something similar to this happened. Someone correct me on the details, but supposedly a drunken Asian male who got lost and didn't speak a word of English, walked up to a house and banged on the front door and got shot with 357 Mag. point blank by the home owner, because he thought the man was crazy.

It’s too bad that there’s no trust in existence. It's a cruel world out there

1 - 20 of 50 Posts