Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, im so pissed. However, the story of how it happened you may actually find amusing, my friends did anyways, bastards. :2bitchsla

I had my bike taken in last week for a new chain and sproket, standard front, 1 up on the rear, what ive always had:)

So i finally pick her up after work, all happy she got the new chain and sprokets:) . I pay the service guy, talk shite for 5-10min then get ready to go.

Here is where the fun starts, hehehe. I ride off, bike feels normal for the first 50 meters. Im thinkin, is it me or does this thing have no power?
Im trying to tell my self, its like that down low, when the revs come up, she goes like a rocket. WROOONG!
I get on the main road, take off in first, and squize on the power, but no wheelie, hmmmm:confused: , NOOOO WHEELIE, IN FIRST? WHAT THE HELL???
Ill try again, this time more throtle, again, no wheelie and she feels like there is no power.
Now, i know my bike, and when i squirt those injectors, the front end wants to kiss the sky, and nothing is happening.
I even tried in second, and nothing. Even clutching, and i got a little bounce and thats it. Right this momment, this was me :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
So i start thinking, did i order 1 tooth UP on the front, lol. How stupid. I gotta get home and start counting teeth and shit, this is gay, like really gay. Im going to start crying:cryin
Im still riding home, feeling like the world was over, my bike, no power, she has died:whtfu: Im doing everything i can, i speeding everywhere trying to find some power, i started going crazy, i was loosing it, badly.

After what seemed a life time in hell, i finally get home. My dad comes out and looks at me, "whats wrong" he asks.
I say, "no power, nothing. Something really really wrong. But everything else seems fine".
We look all over the bike, and all of a sudden, i see it. And i cant believe what it was.:no
This dumb ass, had my rear wheel touching the f'in swing arm, it was rubbing on the F'ING SWING ARM!!!!!!
Check out the pics. What dumb asses no shit. They had the rear wheel pulled all the way in, touching the back of the swing arm, and i rode home like that.

Now hows that for an F'd up story. This guy ows me a new rear tyre.

Attachments

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
:scared

OMG that sucks !!! that mechanic should be :nforc: :2bitchsla

Glad you are okay though and that the tire didn't blow out on your way home.

I hope that and you better get a new tyre out of that idiot :fact

:crash That is not my idea of frying the rear :dundun:

Good luck, keep us posted !!!

:fork Ride Safe :fork

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Jesus...

I've been a proffesional bike spanner now for nearly 13 years and believe me, this is a mistake no-one should ever make...

Does anyone really think it's conceivable that while fitting the chain and sprockets the mechanic never had to turn that wheel once? You'd notice it rubbing straight away.

For what it's worth, I think your chain's too short...

Don't take any excuses whatsoever from the shop because that is totally, er, inexcusable :fact

·
178 Posts
Holy [email protected]*!!!!

That is super incompetence.

That's why I do all of my own work.

I've seen instances where wheels were completely mis-aligned and not even tightened down after a tire change.

I would advise you to check everything they may have touched on your bike at this point. (there may be over tightened/loose or even stripped bolts now)

(come spring, i'll be purchasing a tire changer, I've had my rims scratched for the last time)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys. Yep, ill be calling this guy first thing tomorrow. I called him today after hours and left him a message. This guy has been fixing my bike for the last 10 years. Cant believe this, but i actually think it was one of his workers and not him.

He is a body repair guy though, not mechanic, however he has done many simple things like this before.

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
13,996 Posts
Jesus...

I've been a proffesional bike spanner now for nearly 13 years and believe me, this is a mistake no-one should ever make...

Does anyone really think it's conceivable that while fitting the chain and sprockets the mechanic never had to turn that wheel once? You'd notice it rubbing straight away.

For what it's worth, I think your chain's too short...

Don't take any excuses whatsoever from the shop because that is totally, er, inexcusable :fact
:iamwithst That's why no one touches my bike. To many dumb ass techs out there.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Gotta say though guys, please don't be put off of getting someone qualified and experienced to work on your bikes. If they have a good reputation, then use them and judge for yourself.

I've personally seen owners screw up more things than professional mechanics. I don't mean to offend anyone if they wish to do their own work but remember you were never trained to do certain things and if you choose the right shop/mechanic, they will have been.

Just defending my corner here, I respect any owners choice to do whatever they feel happiest with regards their bikes. I know each and every bike I work on is essentially someone's life in my hands so I fully understand why some people don't want to trust their life to someone they don't know.

Regardless of all that I've just said, the spanner who put that chain and sprocket set on needs to choose a different career path... :)

·
Ginger's Pillar of Strength
801 Posts
I know each and every bike I work on is essentially someone's life in my hands... :)
I wonder if they "teach" that in the school? Because this is what it basically comes down to.

VIN - I have to say shame on you for not checking your ride BEFORE you left. And then to KEEP riding when you KNOW somethings not right? Eh, not saying you don't deserve compensation, but I ALWAYS check my ride when I get it back from the man.

And why aren't you changing your own sprockets and chain; I'm no mechanic but this was one of the more simple items to change.

·
My R1 eats yours
683 Posts
ok guys, im so pissed. However, the story of how it happened you may actually find amusing, my friends did anyways, bastards. :2bitchsla

I had my bike taken in last week for a new chain and sproket, standard front, 1 up on the rear, what ive always had:)

So i finally pick her up after work, all happy she got the new chain and sprokets:) . I pay the service guy, talk shite for 5-10min then get ready to go.

Here is where the fun starts, hehehe. I ride off, bike feels normal for the first 50 meters. Im thinkin, is it me or does this thing have no power?
Im trying to tell my self, its like that down low, when the revs come up, she goes like a rocket. WROOONG!
I get on the main road, take off in first, and squize on the power, but no wheelie, hmmmm:confused: , NOOOO WHEELIE, IN FIRST? WHAT THE HELL???
Ill try again, this time more throtle, again, no wheelie and she feels like there is no power.
Now, i know my bike, and when i squirt those injectors, the front end wants to kiss the sky, and nothing is happening.
I even tried in second, and nothing. Even clutching, and i got a little bounce and thats it. Right this momment, this was me :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
So i start thinking, did i order 1 tooth UP on the front, lol. How stupid. I gotta get home and start counting teeth and shit, this is gay, like really gay. Im going to start crying:cryin
Im still riding home, feeling like the world was over, my bike, no power, she has died:whtfu: Im doing everything i can, i speeding everywhere trying to find some power, i started going crazy, i was loosing it, badly.

After what seemed a life time in hell, i finally get home. My dad comes out and looks at me, "whats wrong" he asks.
I say, "no power, nothing. Something really really wrong. But everything else seems fine".
We look all over the bike, and all of a sudden, i see it. And i cant believe what it was.:no
This dumb ass, had my rear wheel touching the f'in swing arm, it was rubbing on the F'ING SWING ARM!!!!!!
Check out the pics. What dumb asses no shit. They had the rear wheel pulled all the way in, touching the back of the swing arm, and i rode home like that.

Now hows that for an F'd up story. This guy ows me a new rear tyre.
And this is why i do all my own work. The people at dealerships are morons!.

Last time the did work for me was to put in clutch, needless to say it went bad in 2000 miles when i took it a part to put in a new one i found that they didn't put it in poperly:saw: then they had the balls to say that it was the way i was riding it not the way they put it together.

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
holy shit id be fckin pissed...i would be getting more than just a rear tire and my bike fixed...Id be adding a disordely conduct fine to my record:lol

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
ok guys, im so pissed. ...

That is what happens when you take in your bike to do trivial stuff. Hear this all the time.
There is not way in hell they had an actual mechanic work on this. It was probably some high school drop out that dreams of being a mechanic without having to go through school.
So he put your sprockets on.

No reason why you could not do it at home. $20 worth of tools (if you did not already have them), and you would have been done in about 1 hr.

Sucks for you though now. Good luck with getting the bike repaired again.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
6,153 Posts
VIN - I have to say shame on you for not checking your ride BEFORE you left. And then to KEEP riding when you KNOW somethings not right? Eh, not saying you don't deserve compensation, but I ALWAYS check my ride when I get it back from the man.
:stpd:

Granted, it was not quality work, however,

I pay the service guy, talk shite for 5-10min then get ready to go.
This is when you look at your new sprockets and chain.

I ride off, bike feels normal for the first 50 meters. Im thinkin, is it me or does this thing have no power?
Or here...

...but, if not yet, certainly here.

Basically, knowing your bike was not performing as it should, and riding it anyway, you trashed your own tire.

Good luck with the bike.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
dude that sucks like other you either have to do your own work or have a reputable shop work on it....the only thing i dont like is that shops take forever to do work on bikes....

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
gotta love the monderful fully trained and certified mechanics (no offence to anyone on here that is a mechanic) Thats why i do all my work myself.
:iamwithst

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.