Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2017 R1 and I am looking for a better option for the passenger seat. My girlfriend only rides with me some of the time, not long distances, but bumps are an issue for her. She said they hurt when we go over small bumps in the road. Should I just let her sit on a folded pillow or is there any good options that will make it a tad better? I know the R1 isn't a true two up bike but just something a little better might make the rides more enjoyable for her. Any ideas?

Registered
A lady I know reckons most sport bikes have seats that have her sitting on her "lady fun bits" instead of her arse. She does actually ride her own bikes but likes riding with her fella too. Have a look at the passenger too peg placement too. If she can move her feet down and forwards it might make a difference. It's only a few bolts, bolt the pegs on when she wants to go for a ride and take them off when she doesn't. Or go looking for a relic from the 70's. Most of them have a better than adequate pillion accommodation.

Registered
tell her to wear bike shorts underneath...i'm not kidding.

No matter what you do, the profile of that seat is next to nothing, spending a few hundred may not make much of a difference. These bikes aren't meant to carry, and if you do have a passenger, the smaller the passenger, the easier it is on their butts (less weight).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts