Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· What's a motorcycle?
1,116 Posts
ECU flash doesn't offer a lot to us 04-06 owners.

TS, a custom map is always best. It will take your particular machine and locale into consideration and will yield the best possible end result. If you don't have access to custom tuning, there are off-the-shelf maps available from DynoJet, one of which will probably work reasonably well for your application (at least better than stock). Look here for more information: http://www.powercommander.com/power...odel-n=YZF R1&year=2006&mk=28&mdl=117&yr=2006

· I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,912 Posts
ECU flash doesn't offer a lot to us 04-06 owners.

TS, a custom map is always best. It will take your particular machine and locale into consideration and will yield the best possible end result. If you don't have access to custom tuning, there are off-the-shelf maps available from DynoJet, one of which will probably work reasonably well for your application (at least better than stock). Look here for more information: http://www.powercommander.com/power...odel-n=YZF R1&year=2006&mk=28&mdl=117&yr=2006
This ^^^^

· 1 Down 5 Up For Life.
24 Posts
Rich,

My R1 had a very strong exhaust smell before running this map. I hated riding my bike to public places. I would get off and smell like I was standing behind someones car all day. After installing this map the smell almost completely went away. Also the hesitation in lower RPM's went away after running this map. Shane I would try both maps and see which one you like better of the two.

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
I plan on trying it for sure. I am pretty happy with the current map, but if this one works better I will use it. There is a comparison feature in the PCIII software that shows you the changes between each map. You just need to analyze it and understand it, which I have not quite accomplished yet. :D

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Loaded the A&R map about an hour ago. It completely changed the exhaust note, which was weird. I only got to take it around the block, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to open it up and see how it feels.

Kind of silly, but I love having my R1 hooked up to my laptop. :D

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
The A&R map is actually pretty good above 5k, but I wasn't really pleased below. I did about 100 miles today, some fast, some slow. Anytime I was cruising around in the 4-5k range it sounded weird, like it was sputtering or something. Kind of hard to explain. I think obviously a dyno tune would be best for me, but I am going to try to come up with a happy medium between the two maps I tried. No that you mention it though, it did have less of an exhaust smell when I fired it up and when I got home and put it in the garage. It is usually very strong, but not so much this time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.