Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.... it's about that time of the year... i've been working hard.. and collected a few extra thou from scholerships.. I'm thinking about adding another bike to the lineup..

but what?... Any of you guys ever ridden an MV?... I know most of you say 04R1.. But I love my 02 and I can't see having 2 R1's.. I wouldn't know what one to ride.. maybe it's time I try out a twin... Any suggestions?..

really dig the older 996/916's.. or should i just go crazy and turbo out the R1... I DONT KNOW!.. help :scared

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I LOVE the older 916/996 Duc's.... awesome bike and they are going for cheap too, theres even one in the For Sale section that Id be all over if it wasnt in NY

these bikes will certainly teach you the dos and donts of throttle control and proper body position, etc... not to mention, its a Ducati and you will most likely be able to sell it for what you paid if you arent happy

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I'd definitely go with something completely different. I think a more sport touring oriented bike might be a nice change of pace (if you indeed have time to sport tour)... What about like a super motard or something as that would be completely different??

- BA

·
Animalistic is the greatest
430 Posts
Yeah man a nice KTM Duke! play bike and a half, fawk twins big ass single! :lol I need a twenty car garage the day I hit lotto, for my Cavilier, and my scooter collection!

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oooo.. you boyz have me thinkin supermotar.. :boobies

the rc51 is nice... dont get me wrong.. but this would honistly be my secondary bike.. between the r6 and r1.. (going to sell the 00 for a 03r6 next spring).. I wont have much time to ride the other bike.. it's mostly for kicks and poser points :fact.. and any/all work done on the bike will be done by me :fact ..

I've ridden on the rc and I really want to get a smaller feeling bike.. size and stature.. so whoever suggested the busa.. not a chance in hell :fact

·
WTF!
510 Posts
When I got a second bike to go with my r1 i got a 2002 susuki DRZ-400S. It was named the dual-sport of the year by Cycle world or Motorcylists (one of those). It was fun to ride on the street, then instead of pulling into the garage when I got home, I just would go out in the yard and hit some ramps. Insurance is pretty cheap too. I traded it for my Yamaha raptor cause I'm not a great dirtbike rider but tear it up on atv's and could have more off road fun. I knew if I kept it to long I would get the police questioning me as to why I driving into peoples yards if I saw what looked like a good jump. The bike's top speed was around 80mph. I wish I still had it. But I like the raptor too, except I will be selling it to help pay for the 2004 r1.

·
Need... More... Trackdays
887 Posts
get that yz450 its not a bike but fun to fvck around with plus youd never know which bike to ride if u had 2

·
Layer-3
1,962 Posts
Shakie said:
If I was buying a second bike to share space with a1, it would be something more like the FJR1300 , or the Futura just because it would be nice to head out on longer rides, maybe cross country even?!?! :lol :yesnod
I agree 100%. Have a 1 is nice for me and me. But when she wants to ride, it is not very fun, and having something like the above would be great for "couple" riding and long trips. I like the 1 for Fri & Sat night club nights, but something like a FJR13000 would be excellent for a late evening Sunday ride with my gal.

·
Here kitty kitty
607 Posts
1) KTM Duke - serious fun factor for just screwing around
2) Any 916 body style Duc, you could have bought my 748s
3) If you got the cash, Aprilia RSV Factory
4) SV650 for the track, cheap track tool
5) I like the idea of the Kaw Z1000 for screwing around in comfort

That is my $.02, my friend had the KTM and it is serious wheelie out of the corner and sliding the rear everywhere :sneaky

1 - 20 of 25 Posts