Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MR. CLEAN. BITCH!!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First what are the main problems with these bikes. If there are any. ANd recalls?
2nd What is the retail on a 03 R1/R6?
3rd This is my first REAL street bike, I've raced 125cc dirtbikes for a few years so two wheels is not new to me and ride my dads harley everynow and then.
4th How is the mainatance(sp)? How offen do I change the oil, how long do tires last under normal wear.
If I left anything out let me know, Thanks Jordan

·
seen 155 want more?
97 Posts
R6's had some problems with battery leakage. and a few have had clipons coming loose. R1's have problems with foot pegs breaking. Tired last about 45-5500 miles. I change my oil about every 1500-2000 miles.

and check your insurance agent, a 600 might be ok; whereas a 1000 might be out of the ballpark in some parts of the country, and who you get insurance through.

My dealer is selling R6's for 7200 plus tax and title. if I remember. call him at Honda east toledo, and ask for Tom Beagle. Tell him Rod from Michigan sent ya. They have the hookup. (877) 437-1631

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
Logical questions.
1st. Umm the bolts on the rearsets like to break on the 02-03R1 But nothing to really worry about on either bikes. its rare.
2nd.Well retail on those bikes I have no idea u'd have to look that up
3rd. that wasnt a question
4th. all depends on how u ride...if u race, change often, If youre on the highway u can wait for a while. That goes with tires too, and depends on what tires u get...I hear SportecM1's last about 2000 miles where as my BT-010's have been on for like 3500 and theyre still ok, but guna have to be change this season.

·
MR. CLEAN. BITCH!!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone else. Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts