Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the bike seen for quite a few years, but recently I bought a R1. I am having a hard time finding an online parts store that can get me what I need. There not cost.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,250 Posts
I'm going to be 'that guy'.

Buy from your local shop. The people there need to eat too. Hell, I buy my tires local, signals, bulbs. If i wanted to swap levers, they could hook me up. If you don't support brick and mortar don't be surprised when it isn't an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK everyone thanks for reply's, I have had a wild ride the last 5 months, pretty much beyond the twilight zone. My 2005 r-1 has been just what the doctor ordered. When I say doctor boy i mean it the last 20 years i was riding a very nasty case of liver cancer. ok sorry more to come and I am in need of help cause the r-1 she hasn't been out in over 45 days. one thing at this moment help getting the secondary tps back together and adjusted

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes the last 10 years I decided to to fight and at less than 20 percent chance of making it to the 55 year old mark I got lucky and I got a new part, and all i had too do is survive getting it installed. So the r-1 she started having what seemed to be miner issues a flickering of the lights very hard to to even tell but i could see it. seems to be going with the timing . or when the spark fired the the lights . then a couple times coputor seemed to shut things down and restart . and this at 170 at late night. with lite traffic but my eldest offspring beside me on his 2020 r-6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts