Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Evotech frames sliders and GB engine covers on the way. I've already installed the Graves fender eliminator. It's time for exhaust and tune. I am wanting to buy the Graves cat eliminator system, smog block off plates, and the bike side FT kit. Any time frame on when this system system is going to be available for purchase again? Also, I assume a PCV is not necessary to install unless I am wanting to fine tune the bike with the auto tune? I don't see myself doing much more for performance, just wanted that Graves exhaust note.:boobies Thanks.

· Yama-haulin'
874 Posts
Question. What about the suspension. Did you set the sag already? Power is nothing without control.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
get the PCv of course, you're going with a cat-back system, you'll want to tune it weather on dyno or street via auto-tune as you mentioned..

but yeah dont cheapen out on fuel management... :shake

· Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question. What about the suspension. Did you set the sag already? Power is nothing without control.
I appreciate the concern. I am going to have the suspension and fuel tuned at Livengood motorsports as soon as I get back home. I haven't made an appointment yet because I travel ALOT for work, and I don't always know when I'll be home.

get the PCv of course, you're going with a cat-back system, you'll want to tune it weather on dyno or street via auto-tune as you mentioned..

but yeah dont cheapen out on fuel management... :shake
I wasn't trying to cheap out. I am just trying to see what all I need to acquire before I start tearing into this thing. Thank you.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
no worries, its just a form of expression, in the past there have been folks bitching about cost of fuel management, if you care about the long term state of your engine, you should tune it :fact

· Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most definitely. Just creating a big order for the wife and I. I am in the process of buying her the Ducati Monster she has been wanting. And of course, she wants to make some cosmetic changes to that also. So, I'd just like to try to order everything I'll need for both bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.