Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YZF r1 2000 model loud ticking in motor just had head gasket replaced was mixing oil and water now that's fix doing great except for the ticking??

·
Registered
594 Posts
Probably going to need to post a video. R1 engines are noisy, but excessive ticking could be indication of the need for a valve adjustment or cct replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey friend I see you've been a member for quite a while and thanks for the reply of information I'm new as you can see I've always had a motorcycle but now that I'm starting to try and fix them myself it takes a lot of guts to tear down a carburetor or attempt to replace a clutch I'm not going to even think about trying to adjust the valves and don't laugh but what is cct replacement?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey again friend I forgot to mention that as my carburetor was ajusted better the ticken seem to get better anyway now I'm having a problem with either the clutch slipping or my transmission what is a good way to tell if it's one or the other?

·
Registered
594 Posts
CCT would be your cam chain tensioner. They wear out over time and you'll hear some excessive chain movement which can sound like ticking.

The best way to check the clutch is to inspect and measure the plate stack, but sounds like you may not be comfortable with that. There are service manuals on the forum for download that you could read through to get an idea of what's involved. What exactly is happening that leads you to believe the clutch or tranny is slipping?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
milheim05
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing