Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wheelie Makin' MoFo
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone lowered and stretched their R1 and still ride it everyday? i buddy of mine wants to lower his and stretch it but he rides it everyday. i told him it wasnt worth. opinions wanted! and pics as well :boobies

·
The One
582 Posts
I thank that these bikes look badass extended and lowered but I like to do wheelies and hit the curves cant do it on a extended bike. If I get another bike the first thing I will do to this bike is just that.

·
Wheelie Makin' MoFo
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats why i was telling him. theres alot of twisty roads around here in austin. and who doesnt like wheelies! i was just wondering if anyone that lowered and streched theirs saw any advantage to it, thanks guys

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
i have mine that way for dragracing. dont have any twisties in west texas.. but did go to Ft davis mountains on it. had no problem riding in twisties, running fast in turns. sure it would be better at stock WB.. but yes u can still ride it in twisties, just u have to know its limits and height clearance. lowered 1 1/2 in front, 2 1/2 in rear, at 60 in WB, it was okay riding. take little more input to make it turn, but once u get use to riding it that way.. u dont notice it much..unless u jump on stock WB bike right after. depends on how low and how long. busa is 58.5 R1 is like 55 in WB. if he wants to tell him to try it.. worst case he puts it back stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.