Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Low-sided at low speed, but front wheel was first to hit raised (5' high) dirt/earth berm off shoulder of road.

Want to do a quick litmust test to see if I've tucked the front any. Below you will see a pic of the distance between my front tire and the chin of the lower (stock) fairing. What type of measurements are you guys coming up with? Note in the pic how/where I measured, so comparing apples to apples - look straight on, not from the side at all - I'm getting around 1 3/8".

thanks,

Mark

Attachments

·
7 More Days 'til the '09 Debut
888 Posts
Just have it Computrak'd. If you had insurance you can probably have it covered under that; then if it isn't damaged you can have it put to optimal spec's on someone else's $ and if it is out of whack you know for sure not just some quick eyeballing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
atomicjoe23 said:
Just have it Computrak'd. If you had insurance you can probably have it covered under that; then if it isn't damaged you can have it put to optimal spec's on someone else's $ and if it is out of whack you know for sure not just some quick eyeballing.
don't carry collision - not worth making the claim - rates go up - been there, done that.

Like I said, just a quick litmus test to see if it's WAY tucked. I may Computrak later in the winter....... track days done this season, only occasional street use until May.

·
7 More Days 'til the '09 Debut
888 Posts
OK, just a suggestion that's all. Hope it's fine; my bike was stolen and I'm in the process of trying to get it running again and it's not fun so I feel your pain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Measurement on my R1

I get the same measurement as you 1 3/8". Bottom of tape on the same plane as the bottom of the lower fairing. Tape measure on the 'blue body work' as the black plastic grill in front of the rad is a about 1/8" proud. Good luck - I hope everything checks out OK.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Re: Measurement on my R1

SundayRider said:
I get the same measurement as you 1 3/8". Bottom of tape on the same plane as the bottom of the lower fairing. Tape measure on the 'blue body work' as the black plastic grill in front of the rad is a about 1/8" proud. Good luck - I hope everything checks out OK.
Appreciate it guys - really do - thanks for taking the time. Just lets me know that, at least for what's left of the street riding season, I shouldn't expect any ill mannered handling. Perhaps I will get to Computrak over the winter, dunno.... may wait until the first track day and observe if the bike feels normal.

-Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts