Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have owned my r1 for year but just can't get used to seat height. I am 5'6, always need to tip toe at the light. It is usually better taller bike boots but most of times i don't use them.

I do not want to change the suspension if it is possible but i'll do if that is the only choice. I was thinking about getting lower profile seat if it is available. What are my choices and who makes good parts?

Thanks
Chris

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
u can take seat to uphostry shop and have them remove some of material and recover it. or get set of lowering links for ur bike... lower it one inch in rear and maybe 3/4 of inch in front. any more and u will have to cut kickstand or get adjsutable one. many people make links. go to local shop and see what they can find. tobefast may have one. or check ebay. i think the ones for 07 are same ones for 00-01 models.. tho some wont work. and get fully adjustable one.. not just ones with 2 holes in it. it will have turnbuckle that you can raise or lower bike without taking any bolts out. just wrench and u can move it up or down in about 2 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.