Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get the front lower. I pulled the forks threw the triple tree about an inch. I have the bike set on lowered 1 inch all around but no I got extensions on it and want to slam it for the drag strip. Does anyone know how far you pull the forks threw the triple tree that safe. I dont want to cut the forks because I want to be able to put things back to stock. I have a strap so I can get it all the way down without a problem. I just want to make it look even when I have the 3inch link in the back. This bike will see some time on the street. How do you set up the front suspension? Do ya have to if its strapped?

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
lowering about 1in or 1 1/2 will do.. no need to go further.. then just use schnitz strap to compress it. that will get you as low as u need and still have about 2 inch of ground clearance, which most places require... some need 3 inches.. but some tracks dont care either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its going to see street time as well so I want it lowered evenly with out a strap on it cuz I dont like riding it on the street with a strap. but I can go 1.5 inches before the taper on the forks cause problems?

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
yes u can... just leave strap on it for street.. 1000s do same thing.. it wont get in way.. but thats up to you. either that or send forks off to be cut down and shortened

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
yep... i live in desert of west texas.. and we had 5 inches of snow last couple of days.. we never get snow... went from 82 one day to snowing and in 20's and 30's next day.. dont know how u guys do it up north... to cold for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get by with a metric ton of beer and :boobies but yeah it sucks! Once winter starts the only bike Ill take out is my giggy 1000 and its a street fighter so its gotta be at least above 50 for that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.