Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its refering to a type of crash, but I am not sure what it means?

Whats a lowside & whats a highside? How do they happen?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Also with a Lowside, you are behind the bike, and you probably will not get crushed by it......
BUT..........during a highside, you get thrown off the bike, and you land in front of the bike. You will probably get run over by the bike, but if you hit a barrier of some sort before sliding to a stop, the you will get crushed between the barrier and the bike........not fun at alll

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
low side = bad
high side = much worse

Luckily I've only done #1...

- BA

·
Moving sucks...
10,144 Posts
Also with a Lowside, you are behind the bike, and you probably will not get crushed by it...... BUT..........during a highside, you get thrown off the bike, and you land in front of the bike. You will probably get run over by the bike, but if you hit a barrier of some sort before sliding to a stop, the you will get crushed between the barrier and the bike........not fun at alll

:beer :eek:

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
LeenAngle said:
Also with a Lowside, you are behind the bike, and you probably will not get crushed by it......
BUT..........during a highside, you get thrown off the bike, and you land in front of the bike. You will probably get run over by the bike, but if you hit a barrier of some sort before sliding to a stop, the you will get crushed between the barrier and the bike........not fun at alll
now see I was really lucky when I highsided a busa cause I flew off a 30' bank so the bike was really far away from me.

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
611 Posts
A low side is when the front tire washes out in the turn. The bike usually falls over and you slide, not THAT bad of a thing. Now a highside, that's when the back tire starts to slide out, then catches, and throws you over the side of the bike. It hurts a lot worse. Luckily I wouldn't know though.

·
Moving sucks...
10,144 Posts
now see I was really lucky when I highsided a busa cause I flew off a 30' bank so the bike was really far away from me.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeap, you oughta go buy a lottery ticket and strike while the iron's hot!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts