Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. I just installed a new high mount Devil Pipe along with a competition werkes fender eliminator on my 03 R1. Along with the other things, I installed a set of lockhart phillips short stalks on the front and rear. My question is about the front signals, which are dual filament. On one side, the running light is about 2x brighter than the other side, but when I use the signals both sides are the same brightness. Anyone else have this problem and if so is it just the bulb like I am thinking. I would just replace the bulb but I have the short stalks recessed in the fairing and cant get to one of the cover mounting screws, unless I take the fairing apart, which by the way sucks. Any help would be great. And oh, if u are looking for a sweet pipe for your bike, that Devil is ferocious. Thanks everyone.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
DSmith1178 said:
Hey Everyone. I just installed a new high mount Devil Pipe along with a competition werkes fender eliminator on my 03 R1. Along with the other things, I installed a set of lockhart phillips short stalks on the front and rear. My question is about the front signals, which are dual filament. On one side, the running light is about 2x brighter than the other side, but when I use the signals both sides are the same brightness. Anyone else have this problem and if so is it just the bulb like I am thinking. I would just replace the bulb but I have the short stalks recessed in the fairing and cant get to one of the cover mounting screws, unless I take the fairing apart, which by the way sucks. Any help would be great. And oh, if u are looking for a sweet pipe for your bike, that Devil is ferocious. Thanks everyone.
Sorry to hear your frustration with LP products, they are notorious for accessibility issues as well as build issues.

This recomendation comes to late . . . but reconsider the following if contemplating replacement-

Huge Industries alloy (not plastic) indicators. They are some of the best non-flush mount indicators out there.

They come standard with backing plates & grommets for bike specific installs. The bulb replacement is a piece of cake with 2 screws in the lens itself (also has rubber o-rings to prevent moisture/fogging).

The staff/owner is a great guy, this year I cracked a lense (stone chipped it), the owner gave me a great discount on a 2nd. set for spares, and threw in a couple "Free" lenses (this is rare from any distributor nowadays) :thumbup

Link below & pic of front/rear indicators on my 02.

Huge Industries: http://www.hugeindustries.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Its funny you mention the fogging issue. Just after I posted my problem, I washed my bike and behold the lenses were water filled afterwords. I looked at the lense and it has a small hole in it with no weatherstrip or anything. I knew $14.99 for the lp short stalks was too good to be true. I also noticed that the lights which are all the same do not have the same color shade. Im done with the lp's and am going to check out your recommendation. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts