Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
There can be only One
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
disastwer hits again.
a couple of weeks ago my bro in law binned my R1. events meant that i replaced her with an RSV....
for a week or so i couldn't really get on wi it, especially a feeling of vagueness when cranked over...... so wasn't really enjoying the experience.

monday morning set off to work, down the hill, first left hand bend slighty leant in and BANG - down quicker than Madonnas knickers, front went from under me, i think as a result of frost on the roads.......

i slid across the road missing a oncoming car by inches, (cos he swerved) hit a wall, bounced and got covered in fuel.

result was broken hand took skin of my fingers and damaged knees (see pictures)

last year i had a bad off too. also last year my other bro in law came off his bike.... so i've concluded that its time to hang up the leathers. i've had 3 warning shots over my bow, i'm not waiting for a direct hit....

but i'll still be coming on here to have a chat as bikes will always be in me..

i've tried attaching photos but it aint working, i'll try again tomorrow,

feel lucky to be alive.... but plod wants to check my bike out for defects, tyres etc and interview me......

lets hope they dont kick a man whilst he's down......

keep it safe guys and don't become a statistic.....

·
Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts
Heal up quick man.

·
Hook'em Horns
2,831 Posts
Have you thought about getting a track only bike,and giving up the streets? I personally have quit riding a few times, but I allways miss it and come back. I've had a few crashes myself, that have made me re-evaluate riding. I just kind of feel like, "when it's my time to check out on this life it will just be my time, no matter what I'm doing". Until then, I am going to live life the way that I really want.

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,782 Posts
That sucks, glad you are ok.

·
There can be only One
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.