Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of us who still ride the 04-06 R1's (or anyone else), I like would like to share my custom map results done by Mach 1 in Costa Mesa. The base line run was done with a Map from Dynojet's website for Graves Slipons, Velocity Stacks, and/or aftermarket airfilter. My mods include Graves Slipons, LDHR1's DIY velocity stacks, BMC "Race" filter, and Power Commander.

Attachments

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
stock 04-06 around 150 on a non high dyno. I had 147 stock on mine and pushed it up to around 164....before nitrous

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
For those of us who still ride the 04-06 R1's (or anyone else), I like would like to share my custom map results done by Mach 1 in Costa Mesa. The base line run was done with a Map from Dynojet's website for Graves Slipons, Velocity Stacks, and/or aftermarket airfilter. My mods include Graves Slipons, LDHR1's DIY velocity stacks, BMC "Race" filter, and Power Commander.
Can you post the map here?

·
The One
582 Posts
! have a 06 with graves full system and pc I only pull 148 With Graves map I need to get mine tuned bad i thank it would help alot I would love to be at least 160.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Did you do a base line run to see the before and after difference? What do completely stock R1's put down?
I did the baseline line in order to see how much gains can be made from a "bike specific" custom map compared to a generic dynojet map. From what I have heard, a stock R1 with a zero map usually measures in the mid 140's on their dyno.

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
From what I notice, R1s gain a good amount of power with even just slip ons...nice tuning results...

my 06 gixxer 1000 gained about 5-6 with a Yosh Japan shorty slip on and a tune from stock....

that bike pulled 152.5 stock, and 157.6 after tune

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I notice, R1s gain a good amount of power with even just slip ons...nice tuning results...

my 06 gixxer 1000 gained about 5-6 with a Yosh Japan shorty slip on and a tune from stock....

that bike pulled 152.5 stock, and 157.6 after tune
I am pretty happy with the gains. I could definately tell a difference. The BMC race filter really leaned the bike out in the low RPM range (good thing I just installed the BMC filter a few hours prior to tuning). I am also very happy with the gains from LDHR1's version of the Factory Pro stacks.

·
[VET HNTR] Can Haz Teh Win?
2008 YZF-R1
754 Posts
I did the baseline line in order to see how much gains can be made from a "bike specific" custom map compared to a generic dynojet map. From what I have heard, a stock R1 with a zero map usually measures in the mid 140's on their dyno.
I've heard a lot of good things about Mach 1 this weekend. It seems as if they're a pretty reputable shop here in So Cal.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Map has been emailed to you...Let me know how it works for you.

Thanks bud. I have to wait until spring as the bike is stored for the winter but if we get a warm spell I may have to break it out early. :thumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.