Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· try me....i'm evil!
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing through the forum and read a thread about harleys bikes and thought , hmm , why not ceck their site ........guess what : if the ONE is my first love then this beauty is my secon!!!!!

Isn't it beautiful? If i had the money i would buy it , but hey i still got my R1!!!!:rock

p.s. someday i will have it!

Attachments

· Mental stability not required
72 Posts
HD did a smart move developing the V Rod, looks to be attracting a whole new demographic. It's probably the ony Harley I would consider riding.

I read somewhere that it doesn't handle so bad either. For a Harley.

· street-dirt-snow
140 Posts
since i work at a harley shop now....
im taking thedemo Vrod for a spin tomorrow night...
its got screamin eagle pipes on it...
ill let ya all know how it is...
guess its not that powerful to ride...
tell ya tommorow
hope i dont :ugh on it

hahahhaha

· European Freak :)
126 Posts
hehe i totally agree with u : that thingy really is damn good looking... BUT :

in my opinion the bike shown on the picture above isnt a "real" harley anymore ... - its a PORSCHE ! :) ( whole motorblock was made by F.A. PORSCHE / Germany and i'm pretty sure that they at least helped with the design as well ...

· AEQUITAS
1,123 Posts
What.......... i watched a Discovery special on the making of that thing and they took the engine from their HD race circuit bike. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention and they said that Porche designed their race bikes V twin that they put on the V-Rod.

126 Posts

· AEQUITAS
1,123 Posts
It's more like to bad I am a lazy American that can only speak one language and can't read useful things that aren't in english. I really wanted to read that because I completely missed the Porsche thing during that Discovery special. And considering I am part German doesn't make it any better. My Grandparents name is Zimmerman(speling?), hell they may have even wrote that note (World War humor).

126 Posts
ok actually its 6.40 am here and i need to go off to work in a few minutes , but i'll translate that article today and i'll post it here .

· AEQUITAS
1,123 Posts
No need to do all that work. I will just take your work for it. Thanks for the offer though

· Registered
10 Posts
:bs My only question is, why did it take HD so damn long to build a liquid cooled "high tech" motor? Who gives a shit if Porsche HELPED design the motor. The suberbike didn't exactly run circles around anyone. HD is notorious for throwing in the towel early when it comes to racing. They want to stay loyal to the typical HD demographic. But they want younger hard core riders to buy the V-rod. Please! At $24000-$26000 (that's what they are running here in Texas), they can keep it. Good looks and all. :mad:

· Question Authority
55 Posts
I read a lot of articles on the V-Rod. It looks to be the fastest "cruiser" on the market right now. Still not quite as fast as the 'ol V-Max, but can probably whip up on it with some minor mods. The thing is H E A V Y ! ! Not sure, but somewhere around 700 pounds. There are rumors floating around that a more "sport-oriented", V-Rod based bike is being designed by Harley already. I saw a bunch of artists drawings of possible designs. Very cool looking stuff. I think they finally have an engine that can compete with the rest of the market. Most of the hard-core Harley guys HATE this bike. It broke EVERY Harley-law that was out there. I say to hell with 'em. It's progress baby.

· street-dirt-snow
140 Posts
put 100 miles on the V Rod

well ya i rode it...
you know those long sllllow packs of harleys
that we always zip past in second at 119 mph...
yep i was stuck in one of those...:)
that part sucked...
but after i got out of the pack the "rod"
was really sweet...
that engine is so smooth...it makes the R1 feel rough..
no shit...
there were no vibrations that fed up through the bars at all...
and it pulls pretty well...
i didnt really like the riding position...
im a little more than 6 foot...and it seemed a bit too small to really streach out ...but too big to be upright...
just not quite right...maybe i would get use to it...
it had some Screaming Eagle aftermarket pipes on it
and made a really cool sound...
actually the first time i revved it up...i thought the sound was coming from someone else's bike...i just couldnt feel it...
i got it out on the interstate and was doing roll ons with some guys that had souped the crap out of their harleys with stroker kits and all that...
the V rod dusted them easily...very easily...
i got it up to 130...and it was smooth and stable...
but fk...my feet were blowing of those forward pegs...
not the best feeling...
went to shift into 5th and my leg damn near blew off my body...just not the riding position for those kinds of speeds
next morning i took it on a twisty road that i know pretty well...
i normally take the first 35mph corner at about 85 or 90 with ease on the R1...
i did it at about 70 on the V Rod and still could have gone faster...just didnt really trust the front tire..being so far out ahead of me...didnt know when it was gonna slip and didnt want to put this thing down...
it has dunlop 207s on it the back was a 180 front 120
i locked up the front brake once also...it brakes really well for a bike that big and heavy...
but to sum it up..that motor is sweet
i would love to see it in a bike with a more agressive riding position
oh and of the 75 other HOG riders... i was the only one with a V Rod...and they all wanted to know all about it...said how beautiful it was...never heard a negative comment about it...and these people werent really the type to hold back negative comments...
any questions?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.