Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Im gonna pick up a set of Marchenisi wheels for a 08 R1, do I need to buy anything else like a new sprocket with a new chain? Or will the wheels mount up to the factory equiptment? TIA

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
You need the hub / sprocket holder, that usually comes with the rear wheel. just make sure you get that too. sprockets etc stay the same as long as the hub / sprocket holder is for your bike.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Hey

Im gonna pick up a set of Marchenisi wheels for a 08 R1, do I need to buy anything else like a new sprocket with a new chain? Or will the wheels mount up to the factory equiptment? TIA

yes you do, the bolt patter of the stock wheels is 6 the marchesinis are 5 so you do need a sprocket and see if you can find it in steal 530 pitch, if not you are going to have to do a 520 chain convertion.

call corey motomummy
or shane at mccoys

and find out if you they carry a 530 sprocket for marchesiny wheels.
and also you dont use nothing from your stock bike, the marchesinis come with everything.

check out the pics and you will see the difference in the sprocket.
and once again marchesini brings their own sprocket carrier, the only thing you use from the oem parts are the axle.

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks for the helpful info guys! Im gonna get in touch with corey to set me up with everything I will need

·
-.-- .- -- .- .... .-
3,305 Posts

Attachments

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bogie how much did your entire setup run you? The rotors chain sprockets and wheels? Man, this stuff gets expensive once u start adding everything up

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
Bogie how much did your entire setup run you? The rotors chain sprockets and wheels? Man, this stuff gets expensive once u start adding everything up
Very expensive, but it looks :boobies .

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
stock rotors and then a rear marchesini sprocket and you're good to go. you can use other rotors, but stock works as well. just need that marchesini sprocket. Nearly all sprocket manufacturers make a bolt pattern for a marchesini.

·
R1 Racing in Brazil
28 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.