Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive got a brand new set of white marchensini 5-spoke wheels in the boxes for 1998-2001 r1 for $1500.00.......with cush drive.........They will also fit the 2002-2003 with a 4mm rear spacer which i have a few extra of that i got from yoyodyne.....Ron...865-368-0167.....

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
OisR1 was looking for some........

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CJScott said:
you still have these wheels?, and can you post a pic please
The wheels are still sealed in the boxes....but heres a pic from motostranos website.....:hellobye

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
btw, ron's a stand up guy to deal with.:yesnod :thumbup

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blur1 said:
btw, ron's a stand up guy to deal with.:yesnod :thumbup
NOOOOOOOO, You the man...............:epimp .......Thanks my friend:hellobye .........

·
shoot first and shoot fast
2,933 Posts
R1Budha said:
OisR1 was looking for some........
Thanks for the heads up Budha. Dragon, I got your PM and will call you later today :)

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
Dragon129 said:
I noticed the photo doesn't depict the Yamaha rotor (hub) bolt pattern thou, are those for a different rotor setup?

Below is my 10 spoke which fit the OEM rotors (or aftermarket upgrade rotors), just curious if alternate rotors would be needed?

Attachments

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rorlow said:
I noticed the photo doesn't depict the Yamaha rotor (hub) bolt pattern thou, are those for a different rotor setup?

Below is my 10 spoke which fit the OEM rotors (or aftermarket upgrade rotors), just curious if alternate rotors would be needed?
The pic i posted is just a pic off of marchensini,s website showing the wheel design.....The wheels are direct replacement for the r1 brakes and bike.....all that would be needed is a sprocket of your tooth count made for these wheels thats available from many of this sites sponsors..... :hellobye

·
21,086 Posts
Dragon129 said:
The pic i posted is just a pic off of marchensini,s website showing the wheel design.....The wheels are direct replacement for the r1 brakes and bike.....all that would be needed is a sprocket of your tooth count made for these wheels thats available from many of this sites sponsors..... :hellobye
Thats what I figured, I went thru the same issues trying to get pics of my exact wheels, prior to my purchase :yesnod

I have seen other members Marchisini's with smaller hubs (not Yamaha bolt pattern) (similier to above 5 spoke) but they are typically on Ohlins forks.

Can anyone explain that one?

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rorlow said:
Thats what I figured, I went thru the same issues trying to get pics of my exact wheels, prior to my purchase :yesnod

I have seen other members Marchisini's with smaller hubs (not Yamaha bolt pattern) (similier to above 5 spoke) but they are typically on Ohlins forks.

Can anyone explain that one?
Look at the stock wheels on a zx12....they have a small bolt pattern.....:p

·
21,086 Posts
Dragon129 said:
Look at the stock wheels on a zx12....they have a small bolt pattern.....:p
Sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly.

I meant I've seen R1's with Marchisinis and the smaller hub/bolt pattern, but mostly on R1's with Ohlins R & T forks on them.

It appears that there are different hub/bolt pattern configurations (small hub vs. OEM) compatable with different fork configurations (Ohlins vs. OEM), but both work on the R1.

Are you confused yet :lol

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rorlow said:
Sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly.

I meant I've seen R1's with Marchisinis and the smaller hub/bolt pattern, but mostly on R1's with Ohlins R & T forks on them.

It appears that there are different hub/bolt pattern configurations (small hub vs. OEM) compatable with different fork configurations (Ohlins vs. OEM), but both work on the R1.

Are you confused yet :lol
I got ya......They make small hub wheels for the r1 with ohlins forks but you have to run small hub brakes also.......saves a few ounces more weight.......I guess it just depends on the combo you want to run.......:thumbup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts