Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Life begins at 140
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for all. I was at the NYC bike show earlier this year and I was told that the Marcus Dairy run is no more. The meet takes place in Hartford at the Expo Center on May 9th.

Let me know if this is total BS....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ooooodgie said:
Just a heads up for all. I was at the NYC bike show earlier this year and I was told that the Marcus Dairy run is no more. The meet takes place in Hartford at the Expo Center on May 9th.

Let me know if this is total BS....
Personally I think it's BS. I hear the first super Sunday is April 18th. I'm planning on going there with a few guys and the wifey. Check for yourself.

http://www.marcusdairysupersunday.com/Cycle Sunday main.htm

·
7th Kyu
1,473 Posts
FYI, this is not total BS. "Super Sunday" is no longer at the Marcus Dairy and will be at the Expo Center.

"Cycle Sunday" as it is called now, will be at the Marucs Dairy on April 18th.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
676 Posts
so they changed the name of it, but marcus dairy will still go on? There's also a new motorcycle event at the expo center on May 18th?

·
LoneRone
778 Posts
I read in the paper a few days ago that it is no longer going to go on beacuse the city wants them to double security and the mall wants a crapload of money for renting the parking lot, Hey RGertner do us CT fellas have an actual squad?

Joe

·
Lovin' Life on my R1
144 Posts
Hey guys, I go to school in Danbury, home of Marcus Dairy and the mall. There will be no official event on the 18th of April, although I am sure many people will still go. The "Super Sunday" event will take place at the Hartford Expo center on May 9th. The Majority of the vendors will be at the Hartford show.

Forum Members try to make a showing, when we get closer to the date, we should set a place to meet with a time to get to put some faces with the screen names.

Also, I can get any information about the events as a main sponsor and the dairy are less than a mile from me. I know the guys and they can inform me then I can put it on the forum. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

·
I used to have a R1
374 Posts
Personally Im glad that Super Sunday has been moved from Marcus Dairy. For 15 years I go up there just to meet up with some buds and ride the twisties but on super sundays there are just too many bikes on the backroads to have any fun until your like 30-40 miles away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts