Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have always had a thing for any racing scheme in Marlboro .. I have one main problem though .. I don't want to support free advertising for a tabacco companys .. but after not being able to come w/ an alternative paint scheme I am considering the Marlboro paint scheme to look like Biaggi GP500

please give me some feedback .. I don't want people bashing on my bike because of a color scheme and stickers..

The thing is I don't even smoke :D

·
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it .. I'll just put YAMAHA instead of Marlboro

and on the under belly pan I can put a bunch of other stuff like Michelin or something

I could see someone targeting my bike because it has Marlboro advertise on it ...

·
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is the jacket to go w/ the new scheme

I have a blue one but I guess that won't work the new scheme

·
Registered
88 Posts
i like the marlboro racing scheme , that whole paint job is meant to look like a pack of marlboros ,i wouldnt change it , but i smoke.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I don't smoke but I like the loks of the bike with the name on it.

My fear is that you will get some physco non-smoker fanatic who kicks your bike over in protest!

·
Registered
88 Posts
HEY I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN , JUST CAUSE YOU GOT A PRODUCTS LOGO ON YOUR BIKE DOESNT MEAN YOU USE IT.....I BEEN GETTING HELL AFTER I PUT ON MY NEW DECALS....PEOPLE ARE ASSES

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
solo, I think it was a member by the name of Joubear that did his paint like that, wasn't it? I remember seeing it in the members photos. When I saw it then I really liked it and I still do. I don't smoke either, by the way. :) But I think you have come up with a reasonable compromise and that replacing the Marlboro with Yamaha will look really good. I think what really matters is what appeals to you though. And whatever you decide on, I know it will look really :rock when you are done. :)

·
no refunds allowed
79 Posts
When you do a custom job like that, you'll either get:
a) assholes who have bad things to say
b) compliments
c) people who don't even notice
d) people who could care less

It's not too bad, only 25% chance of running into an asshole :machinegu

·
I Jigga high, I Jigga Lo
1,708 Posts
You can put MACHISMO instead of Marlboro. Of course you would probably be called a round mouth. Probably not a good idea-nevermind

see ya

Mach5er:boobies

·
Oh Canabis
275 Posts
I'm not sure I would change the Malboro name, you are afterall going for a race replica look.

My $.02

:puke :hellobye

1 - 15 of 15 Posts