Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
Martin, I am interested in buying a pair of race gloves. Can you take some pics, cant find any except for the one you posted. Do they have really good protection, enuff for the track in case of a fall? Are they comfy for long twisty riding on the wknds?

Thanks., Ruben.

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
martinc said:
They are very light and supple,and also very long;I"m a bit concerned about the quality of the stitching though...overall,a good buy.
Damn Martic, thanks for posting so many pics. Much appreciated. I see what you mean bout the stiching though. In the last pic the thread is coming off the leather. Also, those buckles, are they metal or plastic? Is their a chance you would scratch the tank when riding switchbacks? How long have you had them?

Thanks, Ruben.

PS, you got twisty roads up by you ot do you ride mostly highways?

:thumbup

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[email protected]@alltimes said:
Damn Martic, thanks for posting so many pics. Much appreciated. I see what you mean bout the stiching though. In the last pic the thread is coming off the leather. Also, those buckles, are they metal or plastic? Is their a chance you would scratch the tank when riding switchbacks? How long have you had them?

Thanks, Ruben.

PS, you got twisty roads up by you ot do you ride mostly highways?

:thumbup
The stitching is not coming off,it seems that they dont cut the ends of the threads...the buckles are plastic (small);no danger of scratching anything;I"ve been using them on non-rainy days since I got my bike out 3 weeks ago.

Highways?
I dont do highways!
I use short portions of them to get to my fav bits of roads.

·
Chef R1
8,195 Posts
martinc said:
Seems that if you go on the whitebuffaloracing website and register,they are a bit over $70...a freakin bargain if you ask me.
OK, not considering the price, which glove would you rather wear? The Marsee or the new Speedstar's? My main concern is protection, then comfort, then price....

Thanks, Ruben.

DU PONT KEVLAR™ branded product. Approved for its correct use and function of DU PONT KEVLAR™ materials.

Unique KNOX® TP2 protection system - highest protection available, sewn into all key impact points on hand.

Replaceable knuckle and cuff KNOX® TP2 protection system.

Racer cut: 1st and 2nd fingers are completely straight. 3rd and pinkie remain pre curved. Developed by all TEKNIC® racers worldwide for unparalleled feel and control.

Glove body and palm made of top quality Kangaroo Skin: 0.8mm thickness.

Glove body airflow perforated, allowing maximum breathability, without compromising strength.

Finger sides made of stretch DU PONT KEVLAR™, to aid in air flow and finger movement.

100% DU PONT KEVLAR™ anterior lining.

Anterior Tunnel system in knuckles, adds protection without loss of mobility.

Finger Tunnel Systems adds layers of kangaroo and improves finger movement.

Memory foam and 3mm nylon armor plates in glove anterior.

Memory foam padding in all secondary impact areas.

Little finger Safety Wrap System, a DU PONT KEVLAR™ and Kangaroo overlay that wraps over the outside of the little finger, to add protection to vulnerable seams.

Cuff Safety Wrap System, a Kangaroo overlay flap that wraps over the outside of the glove acting as the Glove cuff strap, while also protecting vulnerable seams.

Underside wrist strap, improves hand movement, and adds wrist protection.

Elastic cuff, for better glove retention.

Gloves supplied in a heavy-duty glove carrier, for travel and storage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
18 Replies
4 Participants
45 Please
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing