Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
I like beer
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am off this Friday but the weather looks like crap. So I am thinking of cutting out on work on Thursday to go riding. I am thinking of heading up to 211 or soemthing like that. Anyone interested?:beer

·
www.Sherdog.com
821 Posts
I can't do it this week, too busy at work and then heading down to Miami next week for a little vacation.

I was up on 211 last Tuesday. it was nice, roads were in good shape and almost no traffic. It is just a shame that it is so far away.

I need to find some places like that a little closer to the city.

Have fun.

·
...flex your head...
151 Posts
too many fuzz up by 211, two weeks ago thursday I got stopped by a VA state trooper...i was doing a wheelie at 85MPH...he let me go without even a warning!!!!!!!!!! be careful over there, he explained the local judge is hard on sportbikers...he rode a CBR and we B.S.'d for a while

·
I like beer
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tk996 said:
too many fuzz up by 211, two weeks ago thursday I got stopped by a VA state trooper...i was doing a wheelie at 85MPH...he let me go without even a warning!!!!!!!!!! be careful over there, he explained the local judge is hard on sportbikers...he rode a CBR and we B.S.'d for a while
Thats why I only try to go during the week. I try to get there early, make a couple of passes and get out of there early. I also don't screw around at all on 211 except for on the mountain itself. The cops are everywhere heading to and from 211.

·
www.Sherdog.com
821 Posts
same here, I pretty much take it real ease heading to the moutain, take a nice easy pass up and down both sides to check it out, then do 3 or 4 runs from the both of the East side over the top to the bottom of the West side and back. By then I am spent anyway so I just pedal my ugly ass home...

You guys know of any good rides in Maryland, say around Sugarloaf or along 270?

·
I like beer
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MikeV that is exactly what I do. I am trying to ride further and further away from where I live. Most people I run into like to drag race all over the place. It seems like most people are glad to haull ass up and down 210 or on the beltway and that just isn't for me. I don't like cars or straight roads. There are some pretty good roads around, but I'd just as soon head for the mountains. I don't live anywhere near Sugarloaf but I'll be glad to go check it out.

·
www.Sherdog.com
821 Posts
Same here, i spend too much time on the beltway as it is. I guess if I were more of a stunter I could entertain myself anywhere, but i enjoy pushing through the twisties much more than practicing wheelies.

·
My R1 is MASTER, I am Pupil.
86 Posts
Hey Young, I am off all this week,tried to ride up to skyline yesterday but it turned real nasty real quick. I am going up today as well,I could go tomorrow,thursday also. I know some really fun roads in between here and the mountains that are literally cop & traffic free,well almost. Tomorrows forecast looks good, let me know if ya wanna go!!!!!!!!! That goes for MikeV,as well or any one in the D.C. metro area. I dont care what you ride. Is there any local "squadron"?

·
I like beer
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw your other post. I want to go. If you want to go tomorrow (Thursday) that is fine. I can also go Friday if you want. Lets get it together.

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
young said:
Most people I run into like to drag race all over the place. It seems like most people are glad to haull ass up and down 210 or on the beltway and that just isn't for me.
I see you've met me and my friends.. *lol*

lemme know when we gonna hit the real roads though!

·
I like beer
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Daekwan said:
I see you've met me and my friends.. *lol*

lemme know when we gonna hit the real roads though!
My friends are the same way. I guess as I've gotten older I got to be more of a bitch. I don't do the real high speed runs anymore, at least not that often. Especially with the way people like to drive their cars around here, it turns my stomach everytime I'm on those roads.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I'm down...email me details - [email protected] or hit me up on aim - pimpedoutcivic...

Nick

·
www.Sherdog.com
821 Posts
You guys have fun and be safe, no running into the mountain!

In a couple of weeks I will have some time and hopefully we can all meet up for a ride.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Who went and what happened? If it got postponed till this coming week I'm in (esp wednesday, thurs afternoon, or Friday morning.)

TK996: "flex your head" a Dischord fan, huh? That takes me back.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I got the emails...sorry I couldnt go. You all wanted to go in the AM but I work nights and I sleep till about 2:30pm. Sorry about that. But I don't go back to work untill wednesday night so let me know if you all want to go riding.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
16 Participants
lYellowDragonl
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing