Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I made a purchase from MDI for Carbon Fiber parts. 3 items on December 28th. Communication doesn't exist even on there "almost instant" FB messenger. So got the "items" in today. Ordered side tank pieces. Rear tire higger/chain guard and exhaust heat shiel. The guard and hugger are one piece as expected. However the other items aren't in there. Now get this the box dimensions are as follows 16w X 12d X 12d. The shit doesn't fit it was sticking out 4-6" and shocker was damaged during shipping. Putting in a claim. It seems to be their MO from more looking into

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
you may have been scammed. not trying to be a dick but I would never buy something from a site that doesn't list their address or has a site verification seal at the bottom of the page that you can click on to see if they're a trusted and verified legitimate website. (google verasafe for an example) if a site has one but you can't click on it to open a popup window with the site info it's fake. fyi

that MDI site looks shady as hell. I'm surprised you got anything from them at all except a $5k charge on your card. it looks exactly like those chinese scam sites everyone is falling for these days.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
why is it that these companies just cant seem to get their stories straight.. one or two customers get 'special' treatment and the rest get the shaft? :shake

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you may have been scammed. not trying to be a dick but I would never buy something from a site that doesn't list their address or has a site verification seal at the bottom of the page that you can click on to see if they're a trusted and verified legitimate website. (google verasafe for an example) if a site has one but you can't click on it to open a popup window with the site info it's fake. fyi

that MDI site looks shady as hell. I'm surprised you got anything from them at all except a $5k charge on your card. it looks exactly like those chinese scam sites everyone is falling for these days.

Truthfully I have never noticed the verified site thing ever. Didn't know it existed. It does seem the experience varies. Unfortunately the 5 weeks out seems to be the bad sign but fingers crossed.

I have recently been buying everything from Z4-Motorsports from eBay and Amazon depending on where my funds are. Everything fits great and beautiful finish and he works with me on pricing since I am buying so much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm waiting on the front fender for the Busa and have been told it's a 5 week wait due to being out of stock,we'll see this pans out.
Apologies for the double post.

I did get my money back. It's actually pending. So by Thursday I should have access to it. Had to dispute it through PayPal. Unfortunately the one out of three items they sent that was damaged had to be returned to them. You add the tracking through resolution so they can confirm delivery and issue a refund. Unfortunately I lost $19 in shipping. MDI did directly contact me and offered a partial credit and said they would credit me the rest when they got the damaged item back. I denied that offer. They knowingly shipped 1/3 items claiming it to be all three with the one sticking about 6" out of the box. So I wasn't taking that chance. If I were you I would try and contact them and get a refund don't hesitate to start a claim promptly. Check out their FB page and go from there and I suggest you do it now. I hate to see you get burned like me and I few others I crossed during this situation. I can give you email of the guy I been dealing with. I honestly have cut out Ebay and Amazon and he issues and invoice directly. His is [email protected] can say I sent you or not. He does sell Carbon for other items. Or if you feel safer and sticking with ebay or Amazon. His logo is on the items so you at least know those are safe sales. You can check out the parts I bought on my IG @whisperingeyee

And if you want a better picture just dm me there and I can go out and take it. I am still fairly new at this. Never rode A bike until past summer when I got my license in August and bought my R1 in June. So basically it was my starter bike.

Don't chance it with MDI. You order from Z4. He can have it to you in a week if in stock if you have 2004-2006 he has it now. But I believe is going away for the weekend. I was planning to order the lower fairings asap.

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
there is a few companies on ebay selling carbon fiber parts for the "15+ bikes and their stuff looks really nice
Z4 motorsports, 1carbontech and ssr_mfg. all in the USA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Z4 stuff is good.

I have an MDI clutch cover that I got for free. It's nice also.

I have been buying everything from Z4 so far. Everything has been damn near perfect. I may try carbontech under belly pans and I need to find good intake tubes in twill for 2004 R1. And hopefully Lightech mirrors

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,739 Posts
I have been buying everything from Z4 so far. Everything has been damn near perfect. I may try carbontech under belly pans and I need to find good intake tubes in twill for 2004 R1. And hopefully Lightech mirrors
I have 1Carbontech tank panels. They don't fit well. They fit, but not well.

They will be for sale soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have LightTech tank panels. They don't fit well. They fit, but not well.

They will be for sale soon.
I just want the mirrors I ordered z4's panels. I ordered knowing he didn't have any yet. I will let you know howntbey wprk out so far everything from him has been great.

·
Believe in Him.
219 Posts
I'll be purchasing quite a few carbon fiber parts from ssr_mfg in the next few months...I'll let y'all know how it went.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've ordered from MDI and sent a friend their way and both of us were happy.The wrong sized box thing is unacceptable though, thats surprising that anyone would try and ship a part like that that wasn't packaged well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered one piece ram air induction fairings for my 09 R1. Listen, I stand I stand to gain nothing with my review here. Loni called me back within a half hour to communicate when my order would be shipped. Loni also responded to every email within a matter of hours. The communication was great, the products shipped quick, and the quality was better than z4 or 1carbontech. I'm not sure why people have negative reviews about this company. I will only order from mdi at this point. The negative reviews on here and on Facebook DO NOT reflect my experience with them. I am an anal asshole, but that being said, I am pleased with their great products, fantastic communication, and stellar service. Buyer beware if you go anywhere else for your carbon fiber needs!! MDI is top notch and will get my business for rom here on out
Thanks loni!!!
Marty
Illinois

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
DarkHorse
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing