Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS

THANKS....THIS IS SOME BIKE ,TRULY FOR THE EXPERIENCED RIDER , HOPE TOMORROWS WEATHER IS THE SAME AS TODAYS 68 DEGREES F DRY NO WIND PURRRFECT NEW BIKE DAY:D :D :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
I hope you took that picture at the beginning of the day! 13 miles!!! It's probably up to a couple hundred already.

What did you get - Blue or Red?? My bet is you bought the blue.

Welcome aboard - it's good to see this board growing.

BS

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
My bet is the blue as well.
If you look really close......
you can see a little bit of blue in that photo. :D
Welcome R14ME2. Its nice to have you here. :)
Congratulations on your new bike!

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
:machinegu WELCOME :machinegu
Man it has been a long time since I saw 13 miles on the odometer

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BLUE IS THE CORRECT ANSWER............IM SO HAPPY THIS BIKE IS FANTASTIC , IT WAS THE RESULT OF TRADING MY V-MAX AND $2000 .I DONT MISS THE V-MAX AND THE MONEY MEANS NOTHING ONCE I TURN THAT R1 IGNITION KEY.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
I had a feeling it was the blue one!! :D
What a absolutely gorgeous bike, R14ME2. :)
I bet you and your "date" had a great time at the beach!
Did the weather stay as nice as it was yesterday? From the looks of the picture it did.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kathleen
it was a cool crisp day , we (we as in me and the r1 ) started out about 8am . first stop.....coffee. after admiring my new machine for a bit i hopped back on and took the senic ocean route along the south shore. stopping after 30 miles to snap a few photos then off again. another 20 miles of ocean views a few bridges then up to the north shore . the north shore is miles of twisted turning country like roads (very popular with us riders here) stopping again(for coffee of corse) spoke with several other riders who really liked the bike ,they joined me for some more twisting backroads and then home . it was a very enjoyable day.
i put about 150 miles on the bike would have rode longer but had to do man stuff to the house.
i was quite surprised that this bike is really comfortable i had heard it was kind of a torture rack. HEY WHAT AM I WRITING A BOOK HERE? sorry for the extremely long reply.;)

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
That is a very descriptive reply! And not too long at all. So don't you apologize! :D Besides, you haven't seen some of MY ramblings on here yet.... :p
You were up early for a Sunday! Did the same thing as me when I first get up though. Coffee. Gotta have it.
I have sort of an idea of where it is that you ride since I am from the Washington DC area and have been to New York many times. There are some really great places to ride where you are, especially along the shorelines.
Get used to people admiring your bike. :) Its going to happen ALOT. ;)
The R1 isn't a torture rack to ride (as you found out!) unless you are going for really long road trips. What IS a torture rack is a Ducati.
Did you have up Chris Farley as your avatar or was I seeing things?
I really like Chris Farley. And miss him alot too. :(
Phil Hartman will always be my favorite.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
The BEST of Chris Farley.

The best thing I ever saw Chris Farley do....
was "In a Van Down by the River."
I would laugh till my stomach hurt when I saw that on SNL.
Every time. :D

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Congrats!

AWESOME! BEST BIKE INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE!

Enjoy the new beast, treat it with incredible care, she's worth it. :D

We're all glad to have you aboard!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts