Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Don't put doubts in your mind
3,027 Posts
Great story man, I really enjoyed it. Glad you got to meet him.

· Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
2,025 Posts
Wow. Congrats man. What a special weekend! :thumbup

· Speed Rules
932 Posts
Nice man, Congrats. I'm not a person that wants to meet celebrities to be honest, and I never have been that way. But meeting Vale would be awesome I think. I'm hoping to make it to at least one race before he retires.

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Very cool! For some reason this year's event topped all the others I have been to. I am not sure if it is the industry (motorcycling in general) or Dorna/FIM trying harder or what, but it just seemed like everything was a bit "more better" than days past. Thanks for sharing the link.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You lucky dog! That was awesome! Good write-up.

Btw how was that your first post with Oct 2008 join date? :laughing:
I owned three R1s. a 2003 that I kept for only one year, an 07 that I hated power delivery so much that I came to the forum to see if there was something I'm missing. And a 2013, after 2 months of ownership a stupid driver took me out on the freeway.
I've been always lurking around though. Especially I'm jealous of the lucky 2015 owners! I saw the 2015 BMW S1000RR and jumped the gun immediately... Now I wish I waited for the R1. Oh well... I do have a feeling Yamaha would come out with a Rossi replica for sure. That's the one I would get :)

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very cool! For some reason this year's event topped all the others I have been to. I am not sure if it is the industry (motorcycling in general) or Dorna/FIM trying harder or what, but it just seemed like everything was a bit "more better" than days past. Thanks for sharing the link.
The new MotoGP rules definitely help. Having Ducati and Suzuki in the front helps putting out a better show. Economy is getting better as well, so more support for races.

· Hope is what makes us Human.
8,565 Posts
This is a fantastic life story. Congrats man! and get it on, on ur Valentino junior :fact:

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Awesome read! What a cool experience. I'm jealous :fact

· Blue, you're my boy!
1,567 Posts
Great article I was there but didn't get the chance to meet the legend. Cool that you got to meet Colin. I saw spies in the vip but he was focused on the moto3 race so I didn't bother him. Would be great to see another Texan gp rider but at this point I think we have had more than our share with a champion in the books.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.