Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Sig. Compliments of Ronin R1
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello R1 Forum Members:

On November 1st, there will be a memorial ride for Joey. Since most of Joey's family will not be on the ride, I am asking people to sign the guestbook (www.joeylott.xstreamhost.com) too, since his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins check it on a daily basis.

If you've signed it already, it's fine to sign it again as a memorial of the one year anniversary of his passing on November 1st. I thank you in advance for helping me and my family to keep his memory alive and to show us that he will never be forgotten.

The members here are the best, and are instrumental in helping us to make it through this change in our lives.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM ME AND FROM MY ENTIRE FAMILY.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
LarzR1 said:
;) I can only be there in spirit, but I'll still be there......
Same here. Have a safe and enjoyable ride.

·
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mickey_D100 said:
Signed it as well Lori. You are the best mom a son could ask for; I'm sure Joey knows that, and I know he's watching out for us. I don't have a bike so I won't be able to ride, but hopefully next year's ride or the year after. I'll be thinking of you guys though.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. That means alot to me !!!!!

·
Heh
738 Posts
As I sit here in my apartment, it's 2:00am Friday morning. I have just finished watching Joey's memorial video and as I was watching it I noticed the hairs on my arm sticking straight out. I also have a lump stuck in my throat. This kid was so loved by his friends and family it's just a shame that God decided to take him away so early in his life. All the signatures on the pole and the R1 spray painted on the wall next to the freeway was a lot to swallow for me. I can closely relate to his accident because I perform wheelies on the freeway almost every time I ride on it and have came close to dropping my bike on the freeway because of that. Death is so much closer to all of us when we ride like that and I can't understand why we choose to put ourselves in that situation voluntarily. I have tried selling my bike for many months now with no luck, and I have rode it many times while it has been waiting to be sold. I can't resist the temptation of my R1, it's such a powerful addiction and passion in my life that I can't seem to evade it.

I signed the guestbook earlier today...I would love to make the ride but I don't know any details of the location and time. However I would love to meet you (Joey's mom) as well as the rest of the family and the other forum members that can make it so please post the details here. It's not that often that I have the oppurtunity to ride for a reason other than for my own pleasure so this will definitely be a special day. Hope to see some of you other guys out there.

-LeXo

·
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just wanted to give everyone an update on the memorial ride. There are people coming from all over California..........one person is even driving up from San Diego (which is about 500 miles from me). The reason I'm telling you this.... even those that aren't from Calif.... is just to let you know what an amazing group of people I think you all are !!

I am just overwhelmed at the # of people that I anticipate joining Saturday's ride. Where else could you find such a close and diverse group of people becoming one big family for a day, just to remember someone that many had never even met in person. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!

JUST WANTED ALL OF YOU TO KNOW HOW I FELT ABOUT THIS NEW "FAMILY" OF MINE !!! :rock

·
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well.......the day is coming to an end and I've had a smile on my face the entire day, thanks to everyone that joined the ride today. The support that I received from this biking community is just unbelievable. I would venture to guess that there were about 85-90 people that showed up, most on bikes but some in cars too.

I have lots of pictures, but will only post a few at a time. Plus, the entire ride was videoed.......even has me doing my first wheelie (I was on the back of the bike of course). I gotta say, it was quite an adreneline rush and I thoroughly enjoyed that. I now know why Joey loved it so much.

Here's me getting ready for the ride:

Attachments

·
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just tried to post some other pics but it says the files are too big. It's late now, but I'll make them smaller tomorrow and post some more.

It's been a full day and a very positive experience. I believe this has now become an annual event. :rock

Ride safely everyone,
Lori

1 - 20 of 38 Posts