Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dog
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding with a neighbor with a Gixxer 1000, which I promptly spanked. We got stopped by a Spring ISD cop. Weird stop. Young cop just wanted to admire the bikes and say that he had to go 90 to catch up with us. We were just loping along not even watching our speed cause we were worn out from hauling butte all morning. He warned us that we were going 65 in a 55 and let us go. He was like smiling the whole time. He seemed to be more interested in the Gixxer. :confused: That's the second time a cop admired the Gix over the 1. First time we rolled up on a flipped 18-wheeler. Cop walked over just to admire the machinery, hardly gave the R1 a second look. :dunno

·
I hate everyone & you're next
72 Posts
I pull over nice bikes all the time, just to look at 'em. They usually have some sort of illegal mods that I can stop 'em for. I just check out the bike, give 'em a warning and let 'em go.

The other night this guy on a red and white R-1 starts to pass a truck and wheelies right in front of me. I pull him over and he tried to give me a lame excuse about just changing the gearing. The scary thing is that he had one those crappy skull cap helmets on over a baseball cap. Not very smart if your gonna be stunting on the street. I gave him a warning.

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
I have the exact opposite happen.. I've had them check out mine over the gixxer's that my friends ride.. It really pisses them off too.. I LOVE IT!!!:sneaky

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
FL8Me said:
I pull over nice bikes all the time, just to look at 'em. They usually have some sort of illegal mods that I can stop 'em for. I just check out the bike, give 'em a warning and let 'em go.

The other night this guy on a red and white R-1 starts to pass a truck and wheelies right in front of me. I pull him over and he tried to give me a lame excuse about just changing the gearing. The scary thing is that he had one those crappy skull cap helmets on over a baseball cap. Not very smart if your gonna be stunting on the street. I gave him a warning.
Copycat!!!:lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts