Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I am allergic to stupidity!
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to congratulate Michael Barnes on his ride today. I like it when privateers beat, at least for a little while, the factory riders. He was doing well until all the restarts. Then he still ended up 4 or 5 so good job to barnes.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
MicronR1 said:
I would like to congratulate Michael Barnes on his ride today. I like it when privateers beat, at least for a little while, the factory riders. He was doing well until all the restarts. Then he still ended up 4 or 5 so good job to barnes.
Yup, he did good.

·
I bleed Blue!
202 Posts
Yes! Great Job to Mr. Barnes! Anybody remeber Brainard last year when Robert Jensen took 5th place? (Then was protested b/c there is no way a privateer could beat a factory pro...except when they tore his engine down, he was legit!)

Great job Michael Barnes and his R6!

·
Backin it in at a track near u
296 Posts
yep that was awesome... My gf was yelling for him to get on the podium, good race Mr. Barnes

·
three two two
125 Posts
They said that he had only had the bike 2 weeks before the race.
Any clue what was done to the motor before he hit the track??

·
I bleed Blue!
202 Posts
Rusnak_322 said:
They said that he had only had the bike 2 weeks before the race.
Any clue what was done to the motor before he hit the track??
Yeah....I read a sidebar in Cycle News. He is quoted, "We went with what we knew, and we put together a package and had Yamaha guys peeking at our stock, off the showroom bike."

However, racers at that level tear their motor down before they even start it. They make sure everything is balanced, tight and clean.

I did not know this - but Barnes was on Pirelli tires. That speaks well for the tire manufacturer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts