Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to here your $.02 on this tire.

I walked into my local dealer for some tires and walked out w/ a good deal on a set of H2 Race.

They turn a lot better then my stock Dunlop.

Good tires = confident rider

·
wanna B on the Track
1,250 Posts
they are pretty good on the track.... but they are michelins... and when they let go... they let go... hahaha. and they work much better when the track is hot... my .02

·
Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
748 Posts
solo said:
I would like to here your $.02 on this tire.

I walked into my local dealer for some tires and walked out w/ a good deal on a set of H2 Race.

They turn a lot better then my stock Dunlop.

Good tires = confident rider
Of course they are sticker than OEM Dunlops , you have to compare the race lops to the Michelin .
I can say the new 218's are Awesome . The do ball up and stick like a GP tire . I did some hard riding all day and they stuck like glue . I think the are a bit of a round profile though . I'll probably like how the bike turns in with the 207RRs better .
Ain't got no chicken strips now though ...400 miles and counting :riding

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
h2s are good but respect warm-up time. =more than dunlops.:fact

·
No, you can't ride it
603 Posts
I loved them at the track. But they do take a while to warm up on the street.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Race 2's

Great tyres on the track. They are definately quick steering but this compromises straight line stability. I've used them extensively on the track and the front has never moved.. but I'm using mediums or softs. The rears stick well too but will slide under heavy load. Mostly I've run 180/55 rears instead of 190/50's as this also aids turning. I've also raised the rear ride height 10mm and dropped the front forks 7mm. Going to the 180 reduces rear grip to some extent but nothing major.

Overall, great tyres, really grippy but they take time to get used too. More feedback than some "softer" sidewall tires but less foregiving... if that helps.

As for mileage, they are track tires only. I get 6 x 20 minute sessions to a rear. Fronts I use for 12 sessions (i.e. one front to every two rears).

·
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how many miles can I expect out of these H2?

I'm thinking 3-4K?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mileage

It obvioulsy depends on how fast you ride, the temperature and surface. I can only speak from track experience where I get about 300km... not 3-4,000km. On the road you should get that from fronts but rears... less than 2,000 I would expect.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Solo...

Unless you're at the track, I would not recommend the H2s.. these are race tires dude.. you do not ride hard, or maintain a consistant temp on the street, to get any good use out of them.

Instead, I recomment the Dunlop 208GP- Street legal race tire... :hellobye

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,864 Posts
I generally get about 2k out of my rear tire and 4-5k out of the front. I'm running the M1s which in theory should be a harder compound than the H2's which are more track oriented... I imagine you will be disappointed with the wear... As stated, make sure you get them good and warm...

- BA

·
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fuq I am screwed ... got one hell of a deal on the tires or was it a deal ?

$60 rear
$150 front

I thought it was a good deal for premium tires. I guess I have to make every mile count. That means no straight line cruising this summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts