Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 R1 with the mig slip on. Anyone know what jetting I should go with?? I never thought that there was a jetting problem till I started reading on the forum and people were talking about a lose of low-end. I put my stock pipe back on it and it seemed like a totally different bike down low. THanks for the help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I still have the exup valve I just bought the slip on. Does rejetting it make a big difference?? I put the mig on there at like 900 miles (break in) so I never got past 6000 with the stock pipe. How hard is it to put in a jetkit?? Thanks for the help

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
It is easy if you have done carb work on bikes before but if you have not you might want to take it to a mechanic cause you don't want to screw that type of thing up;)

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I'll give you my view of the Ivan needles together with my MIG high-pipe after I come home from Spain.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when I order the jetkit does it come with several different jets that I have to try or does it come with exactly what I need without any guessing. Does the jetkit make quite a difference?? Thanks again

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Ivans comes with detailed instructions and everything is put in and haul ass even has the stuff to drill out the air mixture screw plugs. Oh ya you will also need to resync the carbs after putting in a jet kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I called Ivan and talked to him about his jet kit. He is very helpful and is very good at explaining everything about his kits. I told him I was thinking about the Mig High Pipe for my bike. He said they are a good pipe but are pretty loud. He suggested the Leo Vince High pipe because it is well made and not as loud as the Mig. I want more noise but not too much. You guys that have the Mig or have heard the Mig is it pretty loud or is it not to bad? Anyone have a Leo Vince High pipe? Is it well made? How is the Leo Vince for loudness?

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Samm, I got it .. I fired it up inside the appartment a few days ago and .. well. It sound a lot :D

But it's NOT LOUD.. it's perfect level.

Btw, cagers should hear when you're coming. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
MIG

got one on mine
not overly loud.......just can't find some indicators
that fit in place of standard ones !!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts